"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Psalm 122:1~~



I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalm 122:1

In a few minutes we will begin our Saturday night ritual of bathing the kidddies and making our preparations for Church.

Without fail, every Sunday a.m. someone at Church will ask us "What time do y'all have to get UP to get here on time?" I really think they are expecting us to say 4:30 or 5:00 a.m. They always seem a tad disappointed when we sheepishly reply, "Between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m.".

We have a system. We have everyone's clothes set out (and ironed if need be) the night before. We get everything ready down to the hairbows and tights. The Enemy seems to thrive on throwing Christians off of their schedule on Sunday a.m.'s. A lost shoe in our household could cause serious chaos.

In the morning everyone has a part and they do it well. Dh feeds the kiddies oatmeal while I shower. They love Daddy's oatmeal. Our 5 yo dd sums it us best.. "Mama makes oatmeal so it's healthy. Daddy makes oatmeal with SUGAR (its actually honey and maple syrup)." Guess whose oatmeal wins the taste contest?

While Daddy showers I dress the " little boys". The girls and 11 yo ds clean up the kitchen and then pack the diaper bag. I then fix the girls hair. THEN I get dressed. I learned back about dc #4 to never get dressed until the minute you are about to leave..

While I am dressing dh takes the kiddies to the van and revs the engine until I make my appearance :o).

This is not to say it's always smooth sailing....I'll spare you the details of tears over hairdos, misplaced Bibles, the time our 3 yo dd gave her elder sister's entire savings into the collection without us knowing, the time one of our dc threw up just as we hit the Church parking lot (could he NOT have done this at home before we went through all the trouble to get ready and get there?) and so on... Our Pastor joked one Sunday that he was going to make a new reality show about Christians on their way to Church. I think it would be a hit.

1 comment:

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay that would be a GREAT reality show...I think our little family would be featured a time or two!

It is sure great to have everything done the night before, I agree. It's hard enough getting out of the house!

Brianna