"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, March 27, 2006

Things that make me go HMMMM.....

I found a couple of little things around my house today that perplexed me and caused me to ponder exactly what is going through the little brains in this house..

The first was when I walked into the bathroom and discovered the wall was decorated with Band-Aids. I had many thoughts run through my mind. The first was wondering who the little culprit was, the second was thankfulness that we buy Band-Aids in bulk, and the third was that this was like some bizarre abstract art you see in a Gallery that is worth millions.. someone around here MAY have a potential career in art ;o)





The next work of creativity occurred in the kitchen. My eldest dd and I were busy getting dinner ready. She is in charge of the biscuits. I have found with the making of biscuits you either have the "touch" or you don't. Our eldest dd definitely has the "touch".

However, as I passed by the bowl she was using I saw this...



She was making artwork of her own with flour and olive oil. I am just glad she washed her hands before she started baking...

Aren't kids wonderful? I have been thinking of the gift and blessing that children are. We know Psalm 127:3 talks about children being a heritage from the Lord. They are gifts in so many ways. The way that has struck me lately is the JOY they bring into our lives with their spunk and creativity and their soft and tender little hearts. I shudder to think of what a cold hard place this world would be without children.

They see flowers and we see weeds. They get excited over the garbage truck and bubbles and play-doh. We worry that we are going to be late and there may be a mess.

Jesus told us that unless we become like little children we will not see the Kingdom of Heaven. Now I know that doesn't mean we are to shirk off responsibility and Band-Aid the wall just because we want to. It means we are to recieve the Word of God with a child-like faith.

My dh preaches to the children on Sunday mornings at Church. It is such an awesome thing to see how soft and tender and willing their little hearts are to recieve Christ and His Word. It's humbling to see how big their faith is. I pray for my heart to be so tender. For me to have the faith that they do.

I am so thankful for Jesus our Lord who loves little children and calls them blessings and not burdens.

I am so thankful He has entrusted them into our care for this short time. What a beautiful God we serve!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

hey, just found your site through Owlhaven. I love the bandaid art!!
We can't keep bandaids around here for very long, maybe we should start buying in bulk too!

Bek said...

I found you via the note you left on the Yahoo Ethiopia group.

We are starting up the process. Love the blog and the story. Congrats on the wee boy. What a miracle.