"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, April 28, 2006

I think I'm in labor!~

You know that point of labor where you decide it hurts too badly and may be I can't do this.. but you know you have to because more than anything you want that sweet precious little babe in your arms.

I am so excited to go and get our baby ! I can't actually believe it's happening.. and yet my heart keeps "catching" .

All week it's been happening..it began Sunday at church when friends, loved ones, mere aquaintances would approach me and say "We're praying for you!" how humbling that my brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for us and our wee little baby. How I will miss worshipping with them on Sunday.

Then it's the little things, things that happen all the time and you don't really notice.. until you relaize you won't be there to notice them. My handsome dh playing football with our son out in the field. Our children playing in the yard as the sun shines on their sweet little faces. The cute little pat thing our baby does to my back when I hold him. The melodic way our 3 yo says "Mama" as he strokes my face... Saying good-bye last night to my friends at a shower they threw for me.. the phone calls from loved ones for "one last chat" before we head to Africa....

It's going to be so hard to say good-bye to my precious husband and children. I am so blessed to have them. They bring a song to my heart..I will miss them desperately.

I have found when you are at that point in labor (called the ring of fire) the best thing to do is to push through. So somehow, some way, I will push through and get on that plane for the joy of bringing Wee Little Baby Boy into our family.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

It is such an exciting time for you guys. I am sure you will be missed too, but coming home with your new baby will definately be worth it!!

We are praying for you here too!!

wendy said...

Yeah! How exciting! :-)

Dawn said...

I'm praying for you too!!! Enjoy... as I know you will see Gods hand the whole way!

Dawn

The Barr Family said...

I love your blog! I love the comparison to Labor- I had my first three children via homebirths and loved the process or preparation and waiting- and dare I say it? even labor...because its such an awesome process that God has given us to prepare us as parents- so its no surprise to me to see that he has found a way to prepare us in a similar fashion via adoption. I can't tell- because I have to read more- But I think you have left this weekend- I will be praying for you! (and yoru whole family)

Sophie said...

eagerly anticipating your return and many updates on your new baby!