"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Play

I recently received in the mail two back issues of my FAVORITE magazine Above Rubies (AboveRubies.org)

In it was a little poem that really hit home...

Did Johnny Guess?
"I love you Johnny," said mother one day.
"I love you more than I can say."
Then she answered his questions with,
"Don't bother me now,"
And just didn't have time to show him how
To tie his truck to his tractor and plow.
But she washed her windows and scrubbed the floor
And baked and cooked and cleaned some more.

"Bring the boy next door in? Well I should say not!
You'll mess up the floors and I don't want a spot!"
"No, we don't have time for story today,
Mother's too busy cooking, so run out and play.
Maybe tomorrow," she said with a sigh.
And Johnny went out almost ready to cry.

"I love you Johnny," again she said,
As she washed his face and sent him to bed.
Now how do you think that Johnny guessed
Whether 'twas he or the house she really loved best?

Unknown Author

On Saturday we had a visit from my Mom and her "Manfriend" (O.k> boyfriend but after a certain age shouldn't it be manfriend?") Mr. Frank.

A visit from Mimi (My Mom) is always very exciting around here. Mimi knows how to and loves to play. She has always been an inspiration to me. She has the heart of a child and children love her for it. She is the first to suggest a game of ball, or ice cream for dinner. She will sleep on the top bunk and beg with the littles for just ONE more Andy Griffith before bed.

We had a wonderful time Saturday..out to lunch for pizza, then home for a serious game of baseball, birthday gifts for those who had birthdays



since our last visit with Mimi.. Then there was swinging, jumping, laser tag and finally cake and ice cream.

I want to be like my young and beautiful Mama when I don't grow up..


Hangin' out in the fort!



Cute L'il Jumper!



Mimi dancing with the littles to the Wiggles (Notice Mr. Frank dancing the dog in the background..)



Me comforting dh after he loses in laser tag...

1 comment:

Robin's Reports said...

Renee,

What an inspirational story! I hope to stay young like Mimi too. I think we both probably will, right?

Dh has met his match w/ NRA Renee. :)