"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Poor Sweetie!~


Our poor 3 yo is S-I-C-K

I was finishing up my workout last night at around 10:30 p.m. (Yesterday was a tad busy!) when two of my dds rush into the room to tell me our 3 yo had just thrown up. They told me they would take care of him. I got off my stepper and tried to mop off all of that icky sweat (EWW!) as quickly as I could. Before I could say "Jiminy Cricket!" they had him bathed and resting comfortably on the couch with his favorite orange shirt on (the one with the pocket- you know how kiddies love pockets), his favorite monkey stuffed animal, his favorite baby doll, his beanie Clifford, a sippy cup of Ice Ouha (water), books, and his Captain Feathersword.

I think I may need to pray for his future wife. She is going to have a man who is used to being pampered :o).

I am blessed to have such sweet dds!

Poor little one was up most of the night with coughing and fever. Praying for a quick recovery as we are leaving in less than 48 hours!!

Oh, and in case you are wondering what dh was doing during all of this he was fixing a leak in his radiator (Yes, at 10:30 at night). It's been quite the happening week!

4 comments:

5KidMom said...

Wow!! What great big sisters!

We'll keep your little guy, your husband's radiator and your upcoming travels in our prayers.

Robin's Reports said...

Poor darling, he is blessed with such attention. Tell dh that my dh was up to 8pm getting a flat fixed on my 'burb when he needed to be up in 6 hrs (2am) to catch a flight out by 6am in another city. Something like this always happens when you least need it!

I'm sure your dds will nurse every one of the men back to good health if need be when you are gone. :)

Praying

Sophie said...

Renee, I just read your whole story--it's beautiful! God is awesome, isn't He? and i'm so happy to see that eyasu and johannes went to such a wonderful family. make sure to keep me updated on how things go. and greet the wanna workers for me. I miss them, but will be seeing them hopefully in the fall :) may your travels be as peaceful as they can be, and I will be praying for you! Sophie

Renee said...

Sophie,

Thank you for your comments. They have brought tears to my eyes. What a blesisng to "know" you... you who cared for our boys before they came home. You are in many pics in our photo albums! With Yohannes and with Baby John (Tiffany and Kjelsi sent us pics from there time with him and there you are feeding him). You are my hero! God used you mightily! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your dedication to uour Lord and the love you have bestowed on our precious children.

With Love,
Renee