"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, May 29, 2006

Renee's Reports~~

Tonight I am inspired to do a Renee's Reports as inspired by my friend Robin of Robin's Reports http://robinsreports.blogspot.com/ If you visit her Blog you will see as she and her family as SERIOUS "fisherpeople", and we are we definitely are NOT :o)

Mary Poppins I will post Part 3 tomorrow! Thanks for your interest! You are very sweet!

Monday's Fishin' Report:



Jim casting out into the Great Lake err.. I mean pond. He is using the greatest bait known to man..white bread.

There is great excitement among the crowd.. err I mean our children. There is chanting of "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Our 4 yo is exclaiming, "We are going to have fish tonight!" Little does he know the Dictatorship we live under err... I mean the Home Owner's Association allows us to catch the fish but we have to throw them back. Not that we would want to eat these fish. Eww!














These are no ordinary fish. These fish are highly intelligent and tricky. They somehow keep managing to eat the bread off without getting hooked.


This causes the menfolk to evaluate their choice of bait. Perhaps these fish are as repulsed by processed store bought white bread as we are. They must be into whole foods. The men begin digging for worms.



The crowd in an effort to keep spirits high engages in a series of "Ring Around the Rosie".







Alas, the one skinny worm that is sacrificed falls off the hook "somewhere" in the great pond...

BUT someone has brought in the catch of the day!






I encourage my fisherman that there will be other fish and other days.. but now we should head to the pool. I assure him it was the little boys throwing sticks in the water that scared the fishies away . He packs up his gear and we head to the pool where on the sidewalk the children spot a big, fat, juicy, worm... you can see the wheels spinning in his head..... one last shot at a fish..but he heads on to the pool. For the sake of the children.






I keep thinking back to Memorial Day Weekend last year. We had just had our court date for our first two Ethiopian Boys. We clebrated with a trip to Orlando Flordia and a visit to Animal Kingdom. Now we have three sweet boys from Ethiopia as our sons. God has been so good to us!

I enjoyed watching our 3 yo son this weekend, especially. When he first came to us he was so afraid to try anything new. Watching him leap off the side of the pool with joyous abandon was such a blessing to us. It may seem like such a minor thing but for him to have come so far is huge. God has given him courage and security. What a mighty God is He!



8 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great day. I lvoed the pics and the commentaries to go along. I will be back for part 3 tomorrow as well!!

Sophie said...

Your family is just so beautiful! God sure does good work! :)

Robin's Reports said...

I LOVE it! I think all fish like to eat raw foods. What beautiful pictures. I think K looks like a mini-you. Your men folk need to come fishing with us! :)

Robin

Brianna Heldt said...

I can soooo relate to getting excited about something like a child not being afraid to try new things. Adoption is such a blessing, causing us to delight in things we might otherwise take for granted!

MP2 said...

It wasn't Day 3, but I still loved it! You'll have to come visit us in the great northwoods someday to catch some real fish (-:

Dawn said...

Your family is beautiful. I am glad my hubby isn't the only one with fishing experience that is on the funny side. I am looking forward to hearing more about you trip to pick up your baby as we hope to be picking up ours this summer.

Solomon & Malachi said...

Beautiful blog and family! We're homeschooling and in the process of adoping, as well. Nice to see another mom enjoying the journey!

Sophie said...

I keep coming back, looking for day 3...hope everything is OK in your neck of the woods! Oh, and that video is being sent tomorrow--fun stuff :)