"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wee Baby Is HOME!!~~~



We made it home late last Sat. evening! I plan to write all about our trip in the coming days. I have been down with a "bug" I seem to have caught BEFORE we left for Ethiopia~~ in about 7 months I should stop feeling the affects of this little "bug" .... it seems as if eight will not be enough and we are expceting number 9~ :o) Morning sickness has waned for a moment (can you believe reading on-line makes me sick!?).. So I thought I'd share a quick pic and let you know how our sweet boy is doing!


He has now been in our arms for almost 2 weeks! He is awesome, wonderful, happy, and beautiful!!! He is such a blessing! He is eating more and more each day and his little face is filling out. He has learned to sit up on his own this week! He is so easygoing and happy. All of the children are crazy about him and the feeling is mutual. He is a regular ham. He knows who "Mama" is and seeks me out to make sure I haven't gone far. He loves his Daddy and chants "Da, Da, Da." This morning Daddy had him walking from the bedroom to the kitchen and back holding his hands. It seems Daddys always want them to grow and do and Mamas just want them to stay little for just a little bit longer.


God has truly blessed us with this little one and we give all the praise to Jesus for birthing him into our family!

12 comments:

Ginger said...

Congrats on bringing Baby John home and on expecting! You are truly blessed many times over.

Brianna Heldt said...

Congrats on your son--and on your pregnancy!!! I am so, so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading all about your trip!

Robin's Reports said...

Yeah, you're back!! There's your sweet, new boy. He is filling out so nicely. I think he has your smile.

Shana said...

Congratulations on both new babies! I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Dawn said...

I am so glad you are home and he is soooo happy and seems to be settling in so well! congrats on baby too. Many more blessings from God!!! ;-) Happy Mothers Day!

Dawn

5KidMom said...

Oh My Goodness!!

I'm so happy to see baby John in his Mama's arms. I bet he's happy to be there too.

Looking forward to seeing John (and you) grow over the next months. Navigating the interesting sights and smells of Addis must have been kind of challenging with morning sickness. You poor thing! So glad you all made it back safe. Now you are in the capable hands of all your little helpers. 8-)

Happy Mother's Day!!

Blessings to all,
Blaine

Sophie said...

He's absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad that Mary directed me here, and that I get to see how much he has grown and changed from when I saw him last. congratulations on your next little one, too. I know God will give you the grace to handle everything going on right now :)

MP2 said...

Congratulations X2!

Ruth said...

Yay, I am so excited for you to be home with your new baby and congrats on expecting again!!

What a mother's day!!

The Barr Family said...

Did I read that right???? Congratulations! and your wee one is so beautiful and not nearly as tiny as I had expected. I think you asked for Maureen's email- I know she would love to hear form you- email me at:
markandemily.barr@gmail.com and I will give you her email- I know she would love to hear from you - more later...

wendy said...

CONGRATS on your wee baby (he is SO cute) and your wee-wee baby! :-)

Mandi, Sean, Peyton and Dylan said...

I just read the recent post on SL and wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your littlest wee baby as well as your wee baby that just came home!!!

Also, reading online made me nauseous too during the first couple months of pregnancy - YUCK!

Mandi (hopin'andprayin' on Sonlight)