"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, July 28, 2006

Romans 8:15~

This week our two boys (3 and 2) have been home from Ethiopia for 1 year!!! What a blessing they are!!! I can't imagine life without them and their sweet hugs and kisses and smiles. God is so gracious top let us be their parents.

They have grown and changed SO much!!! I look back at pictures of when they first came home and they look so little compared to now.

Our 2 yo wasn't walking,he had all of 4 teeth. He had no English and was just a sweet little baby.










Today as I watched him run all over the beach in and out of the waves I marveled at how he has grown. His mouth is full of teeth. He speaks in complete sentences and can run fast enough to keep those seagulls flying to escape his eager little grasp. He would ask time and again for me to hold him and take him deeper so we could crash into the waves together. My fearless little wonder. I savor the middle of the night for that is when he crawls into bed between me and dh and wraps his little arms close. I know his baby days will leave us very soon and I cherish any moments he lets me "Mama" him. What a precious little gift he is!





Our 3 yo has also grown and changed by leaps and bounds.









When he came home he was so fearful and insecure. Now he is a confident happy little guy who tickles everyone he meets because he is so full of joy. We were at the beach the other day and he was standing in the ocean. As each wave approached him he would plant his little feet, raise his hands in the air and let out a big "Whooooo!!!" then as the waves crashed around him he would erupt into a fit a laughter. I thought it was sauch a perfect illustration of how he has dealt with the past year. What a brave little guy to decide to let us in to his little heart and love him after all the tumultuous waters he has endured in his little life.




I love the way that God fashions families. Who alone but the Almighty could take a couple of little boys from different parts of Ethiopia and set them aboard an airplane where upon arrival they would meet more strangers and then at the end of it all they would be a family. Brothers, sisters, children, parents. It is wonderful and beautiful and a picture of the love God bestows on His children who are ALL adopted into the Kingdom through the sacrifice of Jesus.






For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15

6 comments:

The Barr Family said...

OK this post made me cy- just thinking about how much my little guys will change in a year! its amazing what God gives us.

txmommy said...

you have very handsome little guys!

Glad they're doing so well!!

5KidMom said...

Your boys are absolutely gorgeous!! Their journeys were tough, but their spirits were even tougher!

Thank you Father for holding these boys in your loving arms and guiding them into their new family that You prepared just for them.

Sophie said...

*crying* absolutely amazing, Renee! God is so good! we have all been adopted, away from the torment and abuse of a life away from our Father.... awesome!

Ruth said...

This post made me tear up too. It is so awesome that they have grown so much. Thanks for sharing this post with us!

Dawn said...

Well, this post made me cry too but I am crying over every thing adoption related lately! Blubber, blubber....I can not wait till this waiting is over! Your sons and your family are beautiful! thank you for sharing.

Dawn
waiting for Yu Feng