"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Psalm 139~13


For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers on Baby Girl's very public showing. It was a wonderful evening. They first did and ultrasound on a woman who was in her first trimester. I have never been to someone else's ultrasound and it was so amazing to see how perfect this little one was. So tiny and yet so perfect. Our Pastor shared that the Greek word for knit in the above Scripture is one which construes the making of tissue and muscle and bone. How AWESOME to think about God hand creating each and every one of us. Then it was my turn. They had us behind a black curtain so it was very private and nobody except the sonographer and music minister's wife saw my belly ;o)

I have never had an ultrasound when I was so far along. Wow, is she busy in there! We could see her eyes opening and closing and her sucking and even swallowing. How amazing. She is beautiful and perfect and even has hair on her little head. We think she looks like our 3rd child;our 8 yo dd as a baby.



It's amazing to think she now weighs almost 4 lbs and our Wee Babe was less than 2 when he was found.

They had a birth mother speak about how she came to decide not to have an abortion and place her baby girl for adoption. It was so touching. I admire birth mothers and their sacrifice so much. I have thought often of our Ethiopian Boys' birth mothers throughout this pregnancy. I have wondered what their pregnancies were like and if they knew how quickly they would be separated from their boys. My heart aches for them.

They then had a woman who had gone through the experience of abortion and shared the way God was healing her heart. What a blessing she was. Sophie, I have been praying for your friend.

It was a wonderful evening and a blessing to see people who aren't merely talking about being Pro-Life but helping the Moms and little ones who so desperately need people showering them with the love of Christ.

4 comments:

Solomon & Malachi said...

Amen!

The Barr Family said...

Wow- that would be neat to see! You are amazing. I love the belly shot of you in the earlier post too. I will be praying for your "morning" sickness- I hope it resolves soon.

I am glad to see you are blogging again!

darci said...

Renee, I have been checking for an update! How absolutely wonderful. Your daughter is (both of them are!) beautiful. What a special thing you did by taking part in that. I think that is a huge ministry to proclaim the sanctity of life. Praying for you as you enter this last little bit of the pregnancy. Hope you are feeling well. :)

Sophie said...

Thanks Renee. that little girl did end up having an abortion, and we haven't seen her since... so I don't know how she is doing. Thanks for the prayers :)