"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Romans 12:1~

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

OR

Why Thurs evening I will be getting an ultrasound in front of my Pastor and 1/2 my church family and various other strangers...


Y'all know my beloved hubby (otherwise known as Mr. Anonymous in the comment section ;o)?

Well, one Wednesday evening he called me on the way home from a committee meeting at church. After exchanging our usual pleasantries he reminded me of a conversation we had a few weeks prior about how our local Women's Center was trying to raise money for an ultrasound machine. He then shared with me the wonderful news that they had aquired a machine. What a blessing! More than 80% of women who see their babies via ultrasound will not have an abortion. I was very happy to hear this. He then told me that at their fundraiser they were going to do an ultrasound LIVE on a pregnant woman because many people have never actually seen an ultrasound. "Wow, that's great!" I commented.. "Isn't it?" he said.. The it hit me.."Oh no you did NOT!" I replied. He laughed and assured me it is going to be awesome. Especially since they are going to have it up on the BIG screens :O!

So, if you think of it pray I don't have a heart attack as I hate getting up in front of people. Pray my belly will be covered!!..Most of all pray for a great fundraiser for this wonderful center which helps women and their young babies.

Oh, and maybe Mr. Anonymous will have some pics to scan of Baby Girl.

Blessings!

9 comments:

owlhaven said...

Oh, Renee, how very hilarious! I wil pray the blanket stays UP and that all people see is you beautiful babe!

Mary

Marian said...

Oh, funny! Good for you for being such a good sport. I hear duct tape holds anything. At least you'll have a blanket. Let's just hope that this will be the only time when your DAUGHTER will appear in front of the congregation! ;)I pray that this will be a fun, eye-opening and profitable time for all involved.

Marian said...

Oops! My cyber sitter edited out the descriptor of your daughter's state of (un)dress in my comment above... now does the sentence make sense? =)

5KidMom said...

First the "getting B-I-G" comment, and now this?!!! Mr. Anonymous is lookin' for trouble. 8^)

It will be pretty cool to get to see Baby Girl on the big screen, though.

Sophie said...

lol! you'll do great!
hey, if you think of it, pray for a girl that I know (we'll call her sarah), age 16, is unexpectedly pregnant.... her parents have an abortion scheduled for her tomorrow, and she doesn't want to do it. Please pray that something amazing will happen and they will let that little one live. Thanks :)

darci said...

that 's awesome! you go, girl! :) and what a great cause. darci

Robin's Reports said...

Praying for Renee and for Sophie's Sarah not to have the ab**tion.

Lil' Emma is already serving Jesus while in the womb. How fantastic!

Ruth said...

Wow, that is kinda cool...how many kids get a start on the "big screen" so young?!! Praying the fundraiser goes well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee - this is Andrea (mom2mnmz) on the SL forums...

I just wanted to share that when I was pregnant with my last baby, I also was able to serve as a ultrasound at a pregnancy care center. It was only in front of a few women - and one client! But it was a fabulous testimony!