"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Look What Jesus Brought Us ~







For Christmas!!!!!




Our Sweet Little Pea was born on Wednesday December 20, 2006 at 5:05 pm. She was 7 lbs. 14 oz and 20 inches long. It was such a blessed moment and our Dear and Loving Father provided for every little detail!


The weeks preceding Sweet Pea's birth were quite busy with us finishing up our homeschooling for Christmas break and dh studying madly for his last Seminary final. We had a few important Dr.'s appts for Wee Babe and finally on Tues. December 19th our "To Do List" was complete. Dh told me I could go ahead and have the baby now. Up until this time any mention of discomfort would have him telling me to sit on a pillow or lay on my left side but I was NOT to go into labor ;o)

Tues evening our dear friend called and insisted she was taking all 8 of our children the next day and would bring them home after dinner. She is a very special person and has a way of making you feel like you are doing her a favor by letting her watch your kiddies. She even wanted Wee Babe which I was a fretful over but since Thurs the 21st is our 15 year anniversary I amazingly relented. Dh was on vacation and I had my weekly OB appt. so we planned to visit the OB, eat out, and have a fun day just the two of us :o).

At the OB appt. we were rather surprised to learn that I was almost 5 cm dialated and when they hooked me up to the monitors I was having contractions every 3-4 mins. I have fast labors and a history of not knowing I am in labor (like Wed) so the Dr. sent us over to the hospital. They broke my water and very shortly afterwards I had our Sweet Pea! It was amazing and a wonderful experience.













God has been so Faithful to us and provided every need before we even knew we needed it. What a blessing to have our children safely and happily playing at our friends house. What a blessing to have my dh at my side every moment. What a blessing not to have our baby in the car on the way to the hospital!

My 9 months of morning sickness are OVER! I haven't been sick since the delivery room and I am so thankful for that incredible blessing.

Everyone asks what the kiddies think of her so here is a rundown...

12 yo ds~Loves her and can't wait for her to crawl. Dear sweet boy as if he doesn't have enough little ones wanting to get into his stuff. He's a great big brother. Oh and as he was looking at Sweet Pea laying in my lap he said, "Mama, I don't know how she ever fit in your tummy." Extra Christmas gifts for that boy ;o)!

10 yo dd~ Thoroughly captivated. Wants to hold her all the time

8 yo dd~ Enchanted. She is ear to ear smiles and giggles when she holds her. They really look alike. She wants to know why Mama's tummy isn't like befoe I was pg. Subtracting gifts from her pile ;o)

6 yo dd~ Amazed. She loves to just hold her and stare at her. It's like having a real live baby doll.




4 yo ds~ So in love. He has been the one who was always kissing and rubbing my tummy. He was holding her yesterday and looked at me and said very seriously, "She is just so very special."

4 yo ds~ We weren't sure if he understood the whole pregnancy baby coming thing but he did. He walked into the hospital room and said her name as soon as he saw her. He loves to rub her head and put his cheek to hers.

2 yo ds~ He walked into the hospital room and upon seeing her in my arms said, "Huh? What do you have there?" He fell in love on the spot.



1 yo ds~ He is so gentle and tender. It's amazing that even little babies know other babies are special.

Thank you all SO much for your prayers and love and support.

The Lord has been mighty good to us! \o/

18 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! She is GORGEOUS!

Your story sounds a little like when Belen was born. We had a very busy to-do list that year and she was due Christmas Day. We finished out to-do list on Dec. 20, and dh didn't have anything else other than Cmas Eve service, until a wedding Dec 27. So I told him, (way back in Nov when I was looking at our schedule) that I'd just have the baby on Dec 21. And I did! :D

Marian said...

Well, praise the Lord! She is wonderful! Your 8 yo daughter may someday blush at her observation when she is sporting her own post-partum "bowl full of jelly!" (Whenever I hear that line from Night Before Christmas it always makes me think of an early post-partum belly...) Anyway, congratulations! I wish you a joyful CHristmas.

Shana said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! And Merry Christmas!

5KidMom said...

A most perfect gift, indeed!

Merry Christmas from our house to yours!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that I checked you blog! What a Christmas present!!!!

All the best,
MP

Anonymous said...

Renee,

I am so glad I decided to check blogs tonight. I haven't looked at yours for a while. Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. It's a very special Christmas for both of us since we both have new additions to our family this year.

Jen (Pookebear)

Leslie said...

Renee, your family is SO precious! What a blessing you are to your children, and to the rest of us in cyberspace. Congratulations on the birth of your SweetPea! :)

Leslie/NoUglyOneYet

owlhaven said...

Congrats!!! My 15 year old was born on Dec 20th!

Mary, mom to many

Sophie said...

Congratulations!! I've been stopping by nearly every day, just hoping to hear about your little one. she's absolutely beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Renee, Oh, Happy Day! Congratulations!! she is just like her mommy, beautiful. I am glad for all your family!! What JOY she is!
Dawn
no more rubyslippersblog
just waiting for travel approval from China and then we are outta here and on our way to Carissa Hope.My 13 year old daughter,Faith, and I will make the journey.Thanks for your prayers... ;-)

Anne said...

Renee, congratulations to you and your whole family on your beautiful baby girl!! She is so precious, and the perfect addition to your special family. What wonderful news -- and I'm so glad to hear that you're not sick any more!

Robin's Reports said...

Am I the last one to check the blog? My oh my!!! I love a great story, especially if they have happy endings. Sweetpea has the most peaceful look. The next year is going to go by so fast with having so many brothers and sisters to hold her and give her kisses.

Btw, I'm sorry I forgot to say Happy Anniversary to you & Jim!! Congratulations there!

PastorMac's Ann said...

Knew that her arrival was imminent so I've been stopping by. She's wonderful!!! And I'm so thrilled that she's made her debut and is healthy and that you are well. She obviously came home to a lot of love! (great pictures)

Congratulations Renee! Praising God with you.

angie said...

Congratulations! Your new baby is beautiful!

Sue said...

Renee,

Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL! What is her name? You look great! I have never looked that good after giving birth!

I am traveling to Ethiopia in March to bring home our son. We got our referral 2 weeks ago. He is beautiful and 1 1/2 months old! Can't wait!

Sue

Trinity Oaks said...

What a sweet baby! Congrats, Renee & Jim! You have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you and love the pictures. ~Kay in CO

Brianna Heldt said...

Renee congratulations! Your baby is BEAUTIFUL and I'm so happy things went well!