"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, February 05, 2007

"Technical Difficulties"~

Our keyboard was malfunctioning last week and I was silenced ;o) I am so happy to be able to type again.


I am so excited that Shana and Brian have their sweet Little Isaiah HOME!!! Praise the Lord! Please go and read all of the details if you haven't already. It will give you a good (happy) cry.

Life has not been dull (or quiet) around here. We had been contemplating moving to a larger house , but last weekend decided to stay here and redo some of the rooms. It came down to two things location, location, location and our desire to live simply and debt free. We really love this house, it just needs a little tweaking to fit our *little* family.

So, furniture is being rearranged, walls are being painted, Jim has begun chiseling up the kitchen tile, and Saturday night he cut our breakfast bar in half!!!


Meanwhile all of the children have been sick. They have been passing around a fever, sore throat, headache thing. They have been getting it in twos and it seems as if every two days a new pair becomes ill.

These two are true Buds in sickness and in health. Feeling under the weather isn't so bad when you're together..


Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

darci said...

welcome back! I have just been too tired to write on mine lately. :)
Isn't it nice to have a 'handy' husband? my poor dh has a long list of projects, too, but he's so GOOD at it. :) I hope your renos go well and your home becomes more what you need it. darci

Robin's Reports said...

Awwwwww... I love the picture of baby N lying on the back of big N.

Can I borrow Jim after we buy a new house? I really want bookshelves in our play/school room. Jack is great mechanically, but he's not so into home projects. You can borrow him if Clifford breaks down.

Anonymous said...

Renee,
Stumbled across your blog while on a Sonlight forum. Have only visited a couple of times, but have been so blessed by your sweet spirit, deep faith and amazing love for your family.

We have four children, three daughters and a son. God placed a burden for orphans on my heart when I was still a child. In the last year, He has put the same burden on my husband's heart. We are in the process of moving to MT where we are building a home with many extra rooms for whatever children God chooses to send our way in the future.

We feel called to adopt children out of the foster care system, so we know that there are great challenges ahead. I'm sure your blog will provide a lot of insight into the adoption process, especially in meeting the needs of wounded children.

Thank you for taking the time to minister to so many other moms through your writing. Good luck on the remodel.

In Christ,
Nicole
Fishersix@comcast.net

Sophie said...

I just got an email from Merrily that needs to go to you as well. Please email me as soon as you can--it's important. Thanks :) Sophie
sen18athotmaildotcom

Christine said...

Hey Renee! Long time no chat! I haven't been around SL alot due to the fact that I too have a handyman hubby. We are working hard at finishing off the 2,000 sq ft basement.We now have the thee bedrooms down there finished as well as the rest of the stud walls, electrical, sheetrock and we are currently in the process of mudding and taping the sheetrck. We are getting closer! Stop by my blog too. I haven't been posting a lot but would love to see you around.