"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Bad Mama Moment

Blaine is asking others to share their Bad Mama Moments to help ease her cousin's mind..

I have had a moment or two.. ;o)

The most memorable one happened three years ago. It was the end of our dear friends' son's birthday party. I had spent 4 hours trying to keep our 18 month old distracted from the rented moonwalk the other children at the party were enjoying. Not an easy task. ..

All of our children are certified daredevils. ALL of them. Not a timid bone in any of their bodies. Boys, girls, adopted, bio..they all live on the EDGE.. Buy stock in L'oreal. Lots of it. Perhaps Sweet Pea will break the tradition and be a careful child. For the sake of my remaining brown hair, I can only hope.

O.K. back to the story.. At the end of the party when there were no other children on the moonwalk I decided it would be o.k. for him to have a bounce. As I was putting him in the moonwalk our eldest ds (who was 7 at the time) walked by and said, "Mama, I don't think that's a good idea. He could get hurt." "Oh, he'll be fine." I said.

Don't you know, he went in there, fell the wrong way, and broke his foot??!!!??

I took him to the Pediatrician and told him the whole sordid story. I told him it was all my fault. Confession is good for the soul. He spared me a lecture saying my seven year old was sure to remind me of this incident for years to come..a Dr. and a Prophet..

And THAT is reason 1,348 why I will never be "Homeschool Mother of the Year".


3 comments:

5KidMom said...

Oh Man!! Don't you just hate it when you get showed up by a 7 year old?!

Thanks for playing along with the "Bad Mom" story. 8^)

Robin's Reports said...

I blogged my stories on Blaine's site. Man, I hate reliving those heart-stopping moments.

mom2rebels said...

I know this is an old post, but I just saw it and thought I'd chime in and say "you're not alone!". When my almost 7yr old turned 3, my parents thought it'd be a great idea to rent one of those moonbounces. I am one of those mom's that's always paranoid about stuff like that, so my children had never been in one before. Dh said it was fine, so I just kept my worrying to myself and let it happen. They rented it for the whole weekend. All weekend long, my three kiddos bounced and bounced and had a grand old time. Then they came to load up the moonbounce. Time to get out, Mr. independant new three year old says "I'll do it myself" and he jumps out of the moonbounce. You guessed it, landed wrong and broke his foot.