"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, March 03, 2007

John 6:11~

John 6:11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

Tonight I was reading our litttle 4 yo a book called What Did Jesus Say and Do.

I was reading a page telling of the time Jesus fed the 5000 fish and bread. He looked at me and nodded knowingly, "Goldfish." Confused, I said, "Goldfish?" I was thinking "Oh dear, I hope he doesn't think Jesus was feeding people pet goldfish (Did people have pet goldfish in Bible times?)." We are not a seafood eating family, so I was thinking how I was going to explain this fish eating phenommenon when he happily announced, "Mr. Kyle and Miss Eesa (Miss Melissa) feed me goldfish.. Mr. Kyle and Miss "Eesa" are his Sunday School teachers. "Aahh yes, Goldfish, of course !! The "official" snack of Baptist Sunday Schools everywhere..What else would Jesus serve?






4 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Renee,
I really must turn you on to *fresh* fish. The stuff in restaurants is nothing compared to the delicious ones we eat.

Please send the kiddos to Aunt Robin's house so we can do John 6:11 together. You can bring the wheat bread if you want. :o)

Sophie said...

I, being a Sunday School teacher myself, thought instantly about that variety of goldfish.... hilarious!!

Debbie said...

Hey Renee!!
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I would love to have one, too. I love you and miss you.
See you soon.
Debbie

Beth said...

haha that is a very cute "fish" story. ;-)