"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Numbers 6:5~

During the entire period of his vow of separation no razor may be used on his head. Numbers 6:5

An integral part of the Nazarite Vow. Samson took it. John the Baptist took it... I am thinking the Wee Babe should take it.

This is the story of our Wee Babe and how he lost his curls..

It started out innocently enough (Doesn't it ALWAYS?) The boys needed a haircut. Mr. Anonymous (dh) has been so busy with work and house renovations he hasn't had time to cut 5 heads of hair. I took it upon myself to do it. I have done it many times before. Mr. Anonymous is just much better at it. I psyched myself up and started with the littlest one. Our Wee Babe. Like a lamb to the slaughter he came. I turned on the clippers and started clipping. I confess I was feeling a little puffed up (Pride goeth before a fall) thinking we were saving at least 50 dollars thanks to me. Then the clipper lost their thingy (what is that thingy called?) and the razor cut his hair to the skin. He had a big bald spot square in the middle of his head. There was no hiding it and no cutting around it. I gasped in horror and the other dc gathered around. They were all distraught over what I did to their baby. I had to shave his whole head. All of those beautiful curls GONE! Our 8 yo tried to make me feel better.. "Well, I guess he doesn't look that BAD." she said hesitantly.. Our more honest 4 yo said, "I don't like it. I like it better the other way."

He is still the cutest thing of course, but I have Mama guilt..........Mr. Anonymous has been handed back the clippers.









4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Renee, That is so funny. When Brandon, now 18, was 4 I went to clip his hair I forgot to put the "step"(that is what it is called" on the clipper. The reverse mohawk started at the middle of the top of is head and went all the way to the front. I refused to shave "my babies" head so he went with a reverse mohawk for several weeks while we waited for it to grow enough to reclip it all to the same length again. There were alot of funny looks from strangers afraid to ask and a lot of laughs from friends who did ask.

owlhaven said...

I did this to one of my boys. Except he was 5 at the time. he and I both cried. Thankfully hair grows fast.

Mary

5KidMom said...

Don't you just love the honesty of 4 year olds? NOT!! 8^)

He really does still look adorable. Try not to feel too guilty.

Robin's Reports said...

Oh my, I was wondering how that happened.....