"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Philippians 1:3~

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Philippians 1:3

We had a wonderful time visiting with my wonderful cousin and her husband and their precious children. Jim's brother Mike was able to come and meet us there.. We can not thank them enough for..

Letting us invade... err visit..
Thank You for~

Wonderful food..
Laughing into the wee hours of the a.m..
Rocking Babies..

Playing in the woods..
Shooting, shooting, shooting..
Grey Wolf at night..
Fireworks..
Feeding chickens
collecting eggs..
cuddling kitty..

smooching pups..
Milking cows..

Games, games, games..
Baseball..

Vestal..
Our new dinner bell..
Pick up truck rides through the pasture..
Pillow fights with Aunt Deboo..

We were blessed. We were refreshed. We are counting down the days we can be together again



Our first trip as a family of 11.....Our fearless leader and driver..

The kiddies were amazing on the 8 hour trip. We only stopped once to refuel and relieve :o)



The kiddies call me the car attendant. With one foot on the cooler I can climb seats to hand out food, drink, and corral trash. And they say motherhood isn't glamorous!



Our beautiful destination..

Rockin' Babes..
Uncle Mike meets Sweet Pea for the first time..
Our 4 yo having way too much fun!
Marigrace making me a dinner bell. I LOVE it!!! You can see her work on HGTV HERE
Just another unsocialized homeschool kid ;o)
Uncle Mike and our 5 yo..
Our cousin (a Marine) giving the boys sharp shooting tips.
Dh and his "little brother"
Wee babe making corn bread with Aunt Deboo..
Remembering Vestal..


So sweet!

Lovin Charlotte..
Jim milking Charlotte..
Cousins..

Carrying the milk to the house/ Isn't he sweet?
Football!

Overall Cousins..
Heading out :o(
Till we meet again..

The journey home..



TEXT

6 comments:

5KidMom said...

What a wonderful trip! Visiting family is the best!!!

We have a couple big trips coming up. I can hardly wait for school and work to wrap up so we can hit the open road. 8^)

Raskell Party of 8 said...

THe pictures are awesome. What a blessing to have this time together. My prayers are with you as you start your new journey! Isn't God grand?

Jennifer F. said...

I'm not sure how I discovered your blog, but it's been such a blessing! You guys are so inspiring. Your family seems so happy and full of love. God bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi Renée,

I wandered over from SL land and I have to tell you what a kick I got out of seeing your rope light festooned van. :oD I *hate* driving our 15 passenger van, but maybe I just need to EMBRACE the conspicuousness instead of being embarrassed. ;o)

I'm also very curious whether your childREN from Ghana will mean you guys pass us up! I love knowing that you're "out there" and that you guys have so much in common with us.

Tana (worldmom)

WunderFamily said...

Loved the pictures! The dinner bell reminds me so much of my childhood! For a time my family lived with my aunt's family- 10 kids and 4 adults. The dinner bell ringing through the neighborhood was a familiar sound, all the neighborhood kids would hear it and yell -"Y'all better go home, it's supper time!" Aaahhh, growing up in the South is something to cherish!

Becca

MP2 said...

Your posts just make me smile (-: