"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, August 30, 2007

You may not want to look..;o)

Below are pictures of homeschooled children engaged in a game which may result in conflict.. or so I'm told.....It is a game so potentially divisive that it has been banned in a Colorado school...

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will.

“It causes a lot of conflict on the playground,” said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school.

Running games are still allowed as long as students don’t chase each other, she said.



The game of TAG...








Phew..no conflict. We really dodged a bullet on this day. We will have to be more careful in the future.. ;o)


The next time you have the urge to turn to someone and say "Tag! You're it!" You may want to think again...or NOT :o)

Tag, You're IT!

6 comments:

Noel Smith said...

I love your pics!
It is so sad that children are slowly losing the freedom to play in schools. I hope that you guys are able to have many more Tag Your IT days! :0)

Love you all lots,
noel

Bingaling said...

Renee,
You are such a rebel ;)

I love the pictures of the kids playing tag. Those are just the sorts of pictures that I think a lot of people neglect to take - kids doing regular everyday stuff. They are a little more "real" than the staged "smile-for-the-camera" pictures!

I wish I was outside soaking up the sunshine today!
Chanda

Robin's Reports said...

Tag!! (as somebody at my house would love to say to you right now)

You are such a rebellious middle child - purposely playing tag in your yard - just because you can get away with it.

Your children look so happy playing such a conflictive game.

Queen said...

Renee, Renee, Renee...

First weapons, now tag. What a dangerous life you're living! :)

Jazzy

the ewings said...

Renee, I have a friend that would love to email you about Ghana adoptions. Would you be willing to email me and I can forward your email address to her? bewingfam@aol.com is my address. Thanks, Chris
www.ewingadventure.blogspot.com

Becky said...

My four year old has spent the whole summer saying, "tag, you're it!". So silly that kids can't play it:( I love your blog!
Becky