"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, September 10, 2007

Psalm 27:14~


Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14



Here is a picture of Joel opening a letter and pictures we sent to him. That is Merrrily Ripley director of AAI with him.

Today our Sweet Little Joel turned 7 years old. He has been on my mind and in my heart so strongly today. What I wouldn't give to have him home to celebrate. I wonder what kind of cake he likes?..What would be his favorite Birthday meal..? What he would like to do to celebrate...?

I would just love to give him a birthday hug and kiss.

The other week Anita (Director of AAI's Ghana Program) spoke with Ebenezer and Joel via Skype.. Ebenezer told her he likes math..Joel wanted to know when he could come to America....

It is times like these I have to learn to "Be still.." time and again. God has been so faithful. I know that His timing is perfect. He is preparing their hearts to be a part of our family and He is preparing our hearts to be able to give them what they need.

He has blessed me with a real life every day testimony to His perfect timing.

When I was pregnant with Sweet Pea I would worry about the Wee Babe losing his place as the youngest so quickly. We were so thrilled to be pregnant, but I would wonder how our new little son would adjust.. How silly I was.

We have had several of our children close in age, and we have always been blessed that the little ones have gotten along so well...but I have never seen two with a love for one another like our Wee Babe and Sweet Pea. It is amazing and blesses me every day. God knew that Wee Babe needed Sweet Pea..and He knew that she needed him..








God is good. God is faithful We wait on Him and His perfect timing to bring home our sons...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

7 comments:

darci said...

beautiful..

Tonya said...

Renee! I feel like I have just met a kindred spirit and I've only read one post. And WOW! what a GORGEOUS family. I am going to send Catrina over here. She will love this!

Hugs! and thanks for you comment on my blog. sometimes I feel like everyone looks at me like I am either lying or living in denial! LOL! It's nice to know that other people know what I am talking about:):):)

Ellie said...

How neat! Our little boy (who is still in Ethiopia) turned three on the 10th also!

Robin's Reports said...

Girl.......first Hugs, secondly - get Skype! I love my skype. Happy Birthday to Joel!

You have another spiritual twinning going on here.

Becky said...

I'm all teary after reading that post. So sweet. I've been a little nervous that we started our latest adoption to soon after bringing home our baby guy. I'm "estimating" they will be about 18 mos. apart in age. You have made me feel much better:)
Becky

Jennifer F. said...

Your blog is such a beautiful witness to God's love. Thank you for these wonderful posts!

Sophie said...

You make me smile, renee :)