"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, October 19, 2007

1 Thess. 5:11~

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing. 1Thessalonians 5:11..

The only thing that shocks people more than us having 9 children..is the fact that we have 5 boys..4 of whom are 5 and under. If they find out that we are adopting two more boys..well, we just prove we are certifiable.

I have noticed somewhere along the way little boys have gotten a bad "rap". Perhaps it started around the time when someone came up with the silly notion that boys and girls are the same. Any parent could have told the "experts" that that is absurd. Boys have a wonderful energy that is unique to them. They tap and hum and rap and run. I have often heard it said they are "Noise with dirt", but I think they are much better than that.

Our boys are a lot of fun. They can be noisy, and they can be dirt magnets, and they can make a competition out of things I never imagined could be a race..

I love watching them, and I know that God is going to use these energetic little ones for His glory. Today, they are trying to encourage one another to do the best trick or run the fastest, but one day they will move onto bigger things........

I pray they will encourage one another and propel one another to share Christ with a lost world. I pray they will encourage one another to let God use them as His hands and feet. I pray they will encourage one another to be godly men. I pray they will hold "each others arms up" as Aaron and Hur did with Moses. I am so thankful they have each other.
















And I am so thankful God has blessed me with them.

10 comments:

Leah-joy said...

It is really AWESOME to have little brothers! They are all getting so big! T.L and Will are just like that! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!

Robin's Reports said...

All that & more!!! There is that myth that girls are more affectionate than boys. At this all-boy house, I am constantly being mauled with hugs, kisses, love pats and the rare pinch on the hiney. (my youngest exhibits all the Italian traits) ha ha.

Looks like you had a great day at the park. See my snakes on the fishermen site.

Becky said...

I agree! Having 3 boys is the best. They are sweet, loving, and yes, busy and noisy:)
Becky

Jennifer said...

What a fun day! I love the last picture... so peaceful & so content!

:)Jennifer

thecurryseven said...

Thank you for posting this. I love my three boys...and we're adopting a fourth. It's my boys who regularly tell me they like my clothes and that I "look pretty". They are so full of life that if it happens to be just girls in the house things seem almost dull. Having boys around is just great fun.

It makes me so sad when I see waiting child listings and it is 90 percent boys...often healthy. Girls, even with some significant needs, often find homes sooner. I just don't get why our society has become so anti-boy!

Anonymous said...

Renee,
I've decided to bookmark your blog because it is always such an encouragement. I went here looking for you today, specifically, because I am down about something between dh and I and I needed to read something uplifting. Thanks! Soooo much.
(Of course, the only problem is that your darling blog just further fuels my desire to adopt... something dh is not onboard for yet. But since we are awaiting an arrival of a birth blessing, I can pray for a change of heart adoption blessing down the road)
Anyway... thank you for always posting Scripture with your post. And for being such an encourager- no matter what the subject.
Grateful for Grace
(SL boards)

Lisa said...

AMEN Renee!! We are SO blessed with our boys! We are loving having a little girl and looking forward to another daughter. But, we look down the road and wonder about some boys from Africa! :) Or where ever God calls us to next!

Blessings!

Deborah said...

What sweet boys...
I can't imagine them NOT encouraging one another. They will be bold, courageous, strong and hard after their Lord and Savior...together.
Love you,
Debbie

Mary Grace said...

I love little boys, too! Nothing would make me happier than a call announcing that we are being considered for a few more! :-)

Sophie said...

Last night I was sitting in a circle with my mom and several sisters when your sweet little Baby John :) came up in the conversation. One of my sisters asked if he made it. I got to tell her what an incredible family that God gave him. I feel a bond with that little guy, even though we're multiple states apart from each other. Thanks for being who you are, and for sharing your lives with me :)