"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, October 28, 2007

2Corinthians 3:18~

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18


It never ceases to amaze me how AWESOME God is. It is amazing to think that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is always there and is always working. He is the God who never sleeps and who is always faithful.

We had a lovely week. God blessed us with some real answers to prayer. As a mother, I think one of the hardest things is watching your child struggle. One of our children has dyslexia. For years this child has worked so hard and so diligently. Little fruit was seen for the many hours put in.... There were moments of tears and utter frustration, but this child has never given up, and has never lost the sweet spirit which characterizes them.

Two weeks ago I started a new program (Reading from Scratch) with this child, and I have been utterly amazed at the progress. God has used this program to answer our prayers. We have seen confidence and joy of learning restored. We are so excited for our sweet child.

God could have not allowed dyslexia to afflict our child...yet He allowed it. It is not because He is a harsh or unloving God. God is good. I heard it best put this way..many times God will allow an a trial in one's life as a teaching guide or tool. The trial or affliction will make one stronger and more like Christ. I see this in this child. The time of trails are not for naught.

Here is another answer to prayer..



The Wee Babe is wearing pants!!! Why is that so exciting?? Because this is the first time he can. Up until now pants would literally fall off of him because he is so tiny. He had to wear shorts or overalls. He has grown so much! He is now 24 lbs..which is small for a 2 and a half year old, but considering he is now 12 times his birth weight; We are thrilled!

We had a good school week. We had a lovely afternoon with friends. We had several appointments..

At a dental appt. this week the air conditioning was not working. In my spirit I did not have a good attitude about it. I came home and complained to Jim.. It is no accident that later I read this Blog Post which completely showed me how petty I am. Our 5 yo son is from Soddo. This is where he spent his first years of life..my dental cleaning with no a/c hardly compares. I am thankful for a God who continually shows me what is really important in life. Oh, that I may listen and remember.

Finally, we had a wonderful evening at our Church's Fall Fest. I love our church. I love the sweet fellowship and love that emanates from it's members. We are truly blessed that God has given us such a wonderful Church Home.
Funnel Cake Faces..

Larry and Bob from Veggie Tales were there. Wee Babe found Larry to be quite frightening in living color. I can't say that I blame him. Life sized talking cucumbers are just not something you see every day..

And of course, there was Cotton Candy..
This was definitely a case of love at first taste.

7 comments:

Deborah said...

It was so good to hear from you.
You are a blessing to me.
I LOVE you!

leah-joy said...

It is so great to see and hear that evaryone is doing good! It is so AMAZING to think that once Wee Babe was tha size of a doller bill!! What A MERICLE!!!
Love and miss you all!

Kimberly said...

Your children are SOOO beautiful! I can totally relate to your wee babe. Our little man is 24 pounds and he is 2 1/2 as well. Every pound he puts on is a praise to Jesus! Sounds like you had a wonderful week!
Blessings,
Kim

Robin's Reports said...

Awwww....... sugar and love go hand in hand. Cucumbers simply do not.

Our sugar Festival is Wed.

Olu said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that you're a blessing to me, even though we happen to live on different continents! I read your blog regularly and God always uses it, to teach me new things.

The Hausams said...

Rich words and sweet photos. I, too, am so thankful for the fact that the Lord cares more about my child's suffering than even I do, and He works miracles!

Nicole Slack said...

Your children are so sweet and cute! I come on here every once in a while just to have my spirits lifted! On tthe subject of Wee Babes pants- All of my children are very tiny, in the 5th percentile or smaller. We have found that the adjustable waist pants work best. They have elastic and buttons inside of the waist that you can tighten. My youngest son will be 4 on the 13th and is only 27 lbs. I am feeling you on finding clothes for timny children.LOL! I have been doing it for the past 9 years. ( My oldest is 9) You are an inspiration and a wonderful momma!
Nicole
Mom to 4