"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Romans 8:28~

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


Thank you all for your prayers. We learned tonight that court has been postponed. We appreciate so much everyone praying, and we will let you know when we hear we have a new court date.

I was reading today in John 11 earlier the story of Mary and Martha and the death of their dear brother Lazarus. In their eyes Jesus was late.. too late. Jesus saw the whole picture though, and He wasn't late.. He was right on time, and they received a glorious miracle when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.

Jesus' plans and timing are perfect. It is so hard when we don't see the whole picture and we question just as Martha questioned.."Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. John 11:21.. Jesus didn't rebuke her for her words. He understands when His children question...and ask why.

I hated telling our children tonight as I knew they would cry. I hate it when my children are hurting and crying and Jesus feels the same...only deeper I am sure. He wept with Mary and Martha over Lazarus' death. We cried tears here tonight, but we know Jesus knows when the perfect timing is for our boys to come home.

He is a good God and His timing is perfect. He sees the whole picture. His ways and His timing are best. He is working and we praise Him in the sun and in the rain...when we see and when we don't see; we know He is good and He is at work.

I know this is just a SMALL storm along the way of our journey to bring our boys home..

8 comments:

PastorMac's Ann said...

So sorry Renee. Will keep praying.

solas4me said...

It is always encouraging to see God's people fleeing to him in faith. We will continue to pray for you, knowing that God is sovereign in all things and all things are according to his good will.
solas4me (solasme.blogspot.com)

mom2rebels said...

oh Renee, I'm sorry:-(

Continuing to pray for you all and inspired by your faith as you run to the Lord for shelter in the storm.

Deborah said...

My heart is breaking for you and the children -all 11 of them.
I'm praying for you in a special way today -
Debbie

Robin's Reports said...

Praising him through the tears. I wish I was there right now to give you a hug.

Karen said...

Renee ~
Remember when you were graduating from high school and going off to college that you said the song "Hero" was your song for me? Well, back attcha', Kid! I have never been more proud of you or more grateful that I was blessed by God to have you as my daughter. As always, you're in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Aunt renee and everuone,
I an so sorry. I am praying for you all.
Marigrace*

Tim & Richelle said...

Renee,
You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for awhile - and you are always such an enouragement. You have a beautiful family and I'll be praying your little ones from Ghana home to you soon.