"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, October 12, 2007

Nehemiah 8:10~

........The joy of the Lord is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10..

Thank you all so much for your kind words, prayers, e-mails, and phone calls. They have blessed us! We have definitely felt the grace of God.. The storm seemed to grow bigger and darker today, but we know He is faithful, and His ways are best.

As the song goes..

God is too wise to be mistaken.
God is too good to be unkind.
So when you don’t understand,
when you don’t see His plan,
When you can’t trace His hand, trust His heart.

It looks as if the soonest we could go to court is mid December. There are some complications particular to our case, we are praying God will smooth the way...and that we will be able to go to court then.

We are praying the Lord will be with Ebenezer and Joel as we know the wait is hardest on them.

If you are adopting from Ghana please don't let our situation discourage you. We hope and pray that many of you will be going to court very soon and receiving your adoption decrees..Chanda
we are praying for you! We know your case is due in court soon, and we know God is going to bring those precious boys home.

In other news..

Our sweet 5 yo is spending the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa.

As he was leaving his 7 yo sister told him to "Make sure you are happy, and show everyone your dimples." Somehow I don't think that will be a problem with this little guy.



This morning when I went in his room I had to smile at how he left his beloved giraffes..

He put the 3 yo in charge of feeding them while he is gone..
God blessed us with a BEAUTIFUL day! We spent most of it outdoors, we went out for pizza, and then hit the grocery store.












Thank you Jesus for a very blessed day.

6 comments:

-J said...

I have been reading your blog for a while. I think I originally found it through the Sonlight forums. My family has been (and will continue) praying for your adoption.

Side note: What kind of carrier are you wearing your baby in? Is it comfy? My maya wrap and baby bjorn are both hurting now.

Deborah said...

Johnny is getting so big!!
The pictures were great.
We hope that things get worked out soon, and will be praying with you till the boys are home.

Our love,
Deborah and gang

Leah-Joy said...

I cannot believe that Johnny has gotten so huge this summer! we saw him in may and then he has just shot up!! I can't wait to see you all. you all are in our prayers!
Love,
Leah-Joy.

noel said...

Please know that you are all in my prayers. That must have been such hard news to receive.;(
We love you all so much, and we are really looking forward to your visit. :0)
All of the children are growing so much and they all look so happy.:=)
Love you all,
noel

Kimberly said...

Renee,
I'm so sorry to hear about the adoption....I pray this is just a speed bump on the road to bringing Ebenezer and Joel home. Please know your family is in our prayers. As always, your blog is such an encouragement as you show God's Grace, patience, and love despite this setback.(((Big Hug)))
Love,
Kim

Carolina said...

Renee,

I heard about your Ethiopian adoptions at http://makinghome.blogspot.com/2007/10/show-tell-socialization-transracial.html. She blogged about my transracial adoption interview right below her link to your blog post.

I wonder if you would be interested in allowing me to interview you about your experience in adopting from Ethiopia. I work at Carolina Hope Christian Adoption Agency and we are creating an Ethiopia adoption program. I think an interview with someone who has already adopted from there would be immensely helpful. Would you be interested?

You can e-mail me at: danc(at)CarolinaHopeAdoption.org.

Please feel free to take a look at our blog: http://www.CarolinaHopeAdoption.org/blog.

Thanks,

Dan Cruver