"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Psalm 31:24~

O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer. Psalm 31:23~

My little "doers" this weekend have been so busy and such a blessing. We had our community yard sale and they baked and set out goodies to sell. It did my heart so good to see them working together so nicely and working so hard. We had a lot of fun and met some really nice new people...and the dc made a little bit of $ for their industriousness.






Below are the two best little salespeople EVER.. It was so cute, and totally unrehearsed. If someone approached the table they would start..

"Do you like cookies?"

"Do you want brownies?"

"They are very NUMMY?"

"Would you like some?"

And then people would turn to go with their purchase, and our three year old would say, "Thank you for coming!!"


And then the Wee Babe would give them a HUGE "BYE! BYE!" It was too cute. Wee Babe also helped by sampling the merchandise Someone has to be in charge of quality control. ;o)


Towards the end of the Sale some friends stopped by and a game of Tag ensued.. it went on for the next several hours..It was fun to watch and conflict free ;o)



There were a few breaks for story time with our sweet little friend ..Miss E... I adore this little girl, she makes me laugh with her funny stories about her family of 10.
Jim has been out of town since Thursday, and we are so excited for him to be coming home tonight!!! We got up and ready for church, and as we were getting ready to head out the door poor Sweet Pea became sick. We ended up staying home which was good as Wee Babe fell ill shortly after. I am so thankful this happened at home rather than at church. Poor little ones have had plenty of cuddle time ...
and received some loving by their sibs. It really is the best medicine.

5 comments:

mom2rebels said...

I don't buy baked goodies, but even *I* would have had to buy from those salesmen...too cute!
Sorry you have sick littles again, no fun...hope they are feeling much better in the morning!

Robin's Reports said...

((Sweet Pea & Wee Baby))

I pray nobody else catches it. We too stayed home from church as I still had back issues. The rest did my body good, as I'm sure it did your little ones.

I love Sweet Pea's little tongue almost hanging out. Precious. I can't believe that Wee Baby isn't even a baby any more. He's getting to be a big boy!! You're gonna need to change his nickname. It's hard to believe he was the size of a sandwich bag a couple yrs ago. God is good.

Deborah said...

The sweet picture makes me wish that I could hold the Sweet Pea. I really look forward to seeing part of your wonderful life via Steppin' Heavenward. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love and miss you.

Debbie

ps We'll have to make cookies at my house, too! YUM!

Becky said...

Poor babes. Hope they are feeling better soon and nobody else catches it!
Becky

Leah-Joy said...

we were a little sick also this weekend! thanks for the e mail! We will be praying for ya'll. can't wait till the 21st of nov.
I love and miss ya'll a lot!
Leah-Joy.