"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

John 13:35~

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35


We have so much to Praise the Lord for!!!

Last Monday my Mama had to have an emergency heart cath and two stents put into her right coronary artery as it was 95% blocked. It was a scary time for us all. We are so thankful God was with her and her Dr.'s through it all. She is feeling much better now, and recovering well. Praise Jesus.

We were so amazingly blessed to spend 6 days with our wonderful cousins. Their faith and Christ like love never ceases to amaze us. They spoiled us, and lavished sweet love on all of our children. They are truly a gift from God and an embodiment of the above Scripture.

Two days ago Jim's sister gave birth to an incredibly handsome baby boy!!! We are so happy to be Auntie and Uncle and cousins once again. Kathy and Jay we think your babies are so exceptionally beautiful that you should have at least 10 more :o)

We are working on a plan for the boys to Immigrate from Ghana. It looks like Jim may be headed to Ghana in late December to file our I 600. He won't be able to bring the boys home, but he will be able to spend time with them. They will hopefully come home shortly afterwards once the I 600 is approved and their visas are granted.

Here are some pictures of our trip. We had such a wonderful time!

Our early a.m. departure...
Our little travelers were so excited to reach their destination that they didn't want to stop on the 8 hour journey. Thankfully, Clifford the Big Red Van needed gasoline!
Isn't it beautiful???

My cousin Jenny hosted the most elegant and delicious Thanksgiving Dinner ever served!

My cousin Debbie hosted our family of 11 along which along with her family of 9 made for quite a houseful.. She also had over all of her in-laws for Thanksgiving Dinner one evening, and hosted a Bible Study with her Church's Youth Group. She has the most gracious gift of hospitality!


A Hay Ride!










Sometimes people got sleepy...I'm not sure of it was a food coma or too much fun..



Some people even received a manicure while they slept..





Fun with the animals..




There was always a game being played..Indoors or Outdoors..

A most competitive game of hide and seek..


Saying good-bye is so hard..


Thank you Jesus for always being with us, and for blessing us so much!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was the first time that after ya'll left, I didn't cry! God has given us all peace that we will see each other again and soon! I hope for you all to have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Love and miss you all!
Leah-Joy.

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for all the hard work you did to pack and travel with little ones. Thank you for sharing your little one's lives with us. It is a blessing for us to watch everyone grow up. It is a blessing for us to have your friendship.

OK... It's late. Now I'm crying.

I love you and miss you!

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

What a fun time it looks like you all had. You take great memory shots!!

THANKS for sharing.

Bingaling said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I especially love the sleeping photos!

I also just love seeing photos of everyone settled in to the van - road trips must be so much fun for your family - everyone has a smile on their face!

I'm so glad to hear that your mama is doing alright.
Talk soon,
Chanda

Monica aka Olive2Read said...

It looks like you all had a lovely time, and I'm so glad to hear that your Mama is getting better. I was concerned when I hadn't seen an update at SL or here in a week and have been praying for you. It's good to know that you were just busy enjoying your family. Blessings!

Grateful for Grace said...

Renee,
I'm so glad you mama is alright and that you have been having such a great time with family. Yea! I admit, I've missed your posts. You are such a blessing.

in Him,

Persuaded said...

I found you from links at Making Home, and I had to come over and post a comment here. I am also an adopted mama, and my precious dd is from Ethiopia. Oh, how I wish I could adopt more....
May the Lord's blessings richly fall on your wonderful family!
love in Him,
Diane

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Ha! I love the photo of the little guy passed out on the floor! :)