"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Proverbs 17:22(a)~

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: Proverbs 17:22 (a)

Our little guy with a merry heart is growing into a little man with a merry heart...



He makes me smile all the time..

We have conversations like this..

I'll say: "You are just so yummy I could eat you with a spoon.."

He'll giggle and say: "No, a fork."

I'll say: "O.k. , you are just so yummy I could eat you with a fork."

Giggling hardier he'll say: "No, a spoon."

We go on and on..until we are both giggling like crazy. He is so yummy I could eat him up no matter the utensil.

The other day we were headed outside to play. He asked me if he could go outside with his toes. Meaning ...=He wanted to go bare footed. I may be partial, but I think he's just adorable.



Lately, he has been coming into our bed around 5:30 a.m.

He comes onto my side and snuggles in.

I know the parenting experts would be horrified.

He is 3,I know they would say.. I should walk him back to his bed...

BUT they have never seen him in all of his sleepy cuteness as he comes next to my side of the bed, and says, "Mama, I'm here."

After he snuggles down he wraps his little arms around my neck, kisses me, and says "I love you Mama." and falls back asleep. Simply precious moments.


Having a teen down to tots has taught me to cherish moments like these...
time passes , and these little ones grow up so quickly.



Thank you Jesus for this precious little gift. Thank you for the joy he brings to our home and family each day.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

He sounds precious. What a sweet post.

Marian said...

Well thank you for sharing him with us!

I know you can't generalize about an entire gender or age, but there so often IS something so precious about those 3 and 4 year old little boys, especially when they are loving on their mommy! =)

Becky said...

Oh....so sweet and yes he is yummy:) My 4 yr. old boy comes in every night or early morning and wants to snuggle. I have wrestled with what to do...let him snuggle or walk him back to bed. Last night I let him stay and this morning the first thing he said to me was, "Mama, thanks for letting me snuggle you last night". Oh, my heart melted!
Becky

Sophie said...

Renee, I know that I have told you this before, but I am so glad that God gave you each other. I remember when I first met him and he was so desperate for someone to love him. I'm glad he got you!

Robin's Reports said...

He is more than edible with fork or spoon. He's sweet as sugar! I love that big smile.

Your hair looks great. Love the mommy bangs.

Pam said...

Renee, he looks sweet as sugar, and you are radiant! Thank you for sharing him and a bit of your lives with us.

I do think there is a "thing" about 3, 4, and 5 year old boys. Mine have all filled my heart with such joy at those ages that I thought it would burst!

Pam

stephanie garcia said...

Tonight I visited your blog for the first time, and was so blessed by it! You have such a beautiful family. We are a transracial adoptive family also, though we only have three children at this time. (: I would love to read your entire story of adoption and wondered if you have shared it on here at some point? GOD bless!

Michelle said...

Awww, what a cutie! Our six year old son still comes in to snuggle in the morning. Being a mom of young adults to preschoolers, I treasure these moments. :)