"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Matthew 34:30~

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'





December 1st is World Aids Day. It is a day set to bring attention to the plight of those who are suffering from AIDS from around the world.

Every case of AIDS is heartbreaking. It is a painful disease both physically and emotionally. Here in the US Antiretroviral Drugs are helping many with this disease live longer and better lives.

In the above chart you can see that AIDS is ravaging many in Sub Saharan Africa. Less than 1 in 5 Africans will receive medication (either Antiretroviral Drugs or Drugs to stave off opportunistic infections). In Africa AIDS is a death sentence for most who are infected.


AIDS has had a devastating impact on Ethiopia, and the future projections are grim. It is projected that by 2010 AIDS cases will rise in Ethiopia to between 7 and 10 million.

If you have traveled to orphanages in Ethiopia you have seen first hand the effects of AIDS. There are many children who have lost their parents to this dreaded disease. Many times they may have lost siblings too. Seventy five percent of children born to HIV positive mothers are born HIV negative. Currently there are an estimated 4.5 million orphans in Ethiopia. If the above projections hold true the orphan crisis will become much worse.

There are people working to help. One in six of the children referred to AAI's Layla House are HIV positive. In response to this AHOPE was set up for those children. You can read the history of AHOPE HERE... and see pictures HERE.. (be sure to scroll down to the bottom and watch the touching video) Currently the children are not only receiving care at a wonderful orphanage, but the Anitretroviral medications they desperately need . Also, HIV positive children are now available for adoption. Contact AAI for more info..

Please pray for those around the globe with AIDS. Pray that God will raise up many people with a heart for those suffering, and pray that the medications will reach all who desperately need them.



3 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, I'm bummed I didn't know that Dec 1 was AIDS Awareness Day! This past summer I was responsible for a presentation about a missionary couple our church supports who live and minister in Swaziland. It broke my heart. I wept most of the time. A 40% HIV infection rate!! Anyway, it was eye-opening to me. I am open to what God wants me to do for this need. Thank you for sharing, Renee.

Robin's Reports said...

Praying. The video was touching.

Gina said...

This is the first time visiting you. I love the Psalm you have on your header. It is the verse that God gave me to confirm that I was to marry my husband, over 20 years ago. Every time I read that verse I am thankful for my husband!

You seem like a precious woman of God!

GOD BLESS!