"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Psalm 9:1~

I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works. Psalm 9:1



Time is just flying by around here. It is so amazing that 3 weeks ago our boys came home.

I have been so bad about keeping up with phone calls and e-mails and messages. Our days are so full right now, and I am sorry. I am working one by one to catch up. I love and miss you all dearly.

Eben and Joel are so awesome. I know, I know, all the adoption people are thinking "Honeymoon", but we are having very sweet moments, and I don't want to miss them or neglect to tuck them in my heart while I wait for the other shoe to drop ..

There have been some grieving moments. These boys have lost so much, and every day I am in awe of their courage. They are so very brave.

We have also had some small testing of boundaries, but nothing major.

I have been teaching them to cook. They absolutely love to work in the kitchen. Especially Joel. When he first came home he said he wanted to be a lawyer when he grew up, but after making pancakes with me one day he did a little dance and declared "Me no be lawyer. Me be COOKER!" He is so cute.

Eben loves to cook too. He opens up and shares some things about his life in Ghana while we cook. He is opening up so much lately. Today I left the boys for the first time for a significant amount of time , and when I came home he literally ran out to the van and dove into the front seat to give me hug and kiss. A precious moment I will cherish.

We are keeping things low key. We aren't going out to the stores with them yet. Honestly, Wal-Mart overwhelms me...I know with them it would be major over stimulation.

We are going to the park and playing outside a lot. We have been to the Dr. several times. The boys went to church with us last week for the first time. Joel was so cute as soon as service ended he said "Mummy! I like this church."

Jim and daughter #2 spent most of the week in Jamaica. They had a wonderful time. I am so thankful the Lord has provided ways for our children to see different parts of the world.

We had a quick visit from my friend Robin who was passing through town...what a blessing.

God has truly been good to us.

Thank you for the love and prayers.











8 comments:

Abby said...

hehe - everytime I see an updated picture of you kids all lined up, all I can think is "pretty soon they'll need to use the panoramic lens!"

Your family is beautiful and I appreciate the fact that you share your journeys, struggles, faith, and love with all of us strangers on the web.

Anonymous said...

All I can do is oooh and ahhhh over the pics! You all look so happy! You all almost didn't fit in the forayer! And the #2d wasn't there! You all look so full of JOY!!!
Love, miss and can't wait to see you all again!
Love,
Leah-Joy.

Robin's Reports said...

Awww, I love it when you speak blessings upon your kids. It is amazing all they have transitioned through but I know they can trust you to continue helping them through the rest of it. That is what makes you and Jim such amazing adoptive parents. Your love is amazing.

Please tell "you know who" that I miss my kisses already.

Little Man said...

We stopped by to see your pictures. we liked the kitchen pics the best.
please write back.
we liked ya'lls park.
we love you.

Noel said...

Thank you for all of the pictures and the little window into your lives. Everyone looks sooo happy! You where even able to get a picture of Dr. Billy Bob!
I am so glad that everything is going so well. :) Praise God. :)
Can't wait to see you guys.

Love and miss you,
Noel

Anonymous said...

Hey! Wow, y'all look so incredibly happy! I can't wait to meet my new cousins. I love and miss you all. Hope to see you soon!
Rosebud:)

~ Angi :) said...

I'm with you Renee ~ that's what the honeymoon is for: to relish every moment of spleandor. I'm so glad dyou are doing just that!

The moments of difficulty following a honeymoon are merely moments given to reaffirm COMMITTMENT. I KNOW Joel and Eben will feel nothing short of that knowlegdge.

The Hausams said...

You are so blessed! "Honeymoon" or not, this is a precious time. I'm so glad it's going well. Blessings!