"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Colossians 1:16~

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. Colossians 1:16

Zoo Day!

The kiddies and I had a wonderful day at the zoo yesterday. It was so much fun to see the sights through Eben and Joel's eyes as they saw their first elephants, and giraffes, squirrel monkeys, and many more animals....

It was such a great reminder to see what an awesome and creative God we serve. Nothing is too hard for Him who can create such wonders!!!!

Eben and Joel absolutely loved it. Eben's favorite animals were the zebras and Joel was taken with the giraffes. We are all just fascinated by the squirrel monkeys. They are just so cute and fun.

Eben and Joel laughed and laughed when they saw the goats at the petting zoo..

"They are so fat!" " Their stom-achs are so *BIG*!" "Goats in Ghana have small stom-ach. In America they have big, big stom-achs".

It was a blessed day, and we were blessed with many memories to treasure. Thanks be to the Lord! ~


















12 comments:

NCLighthousekeeper said...

What a fun-filled, memory-making day! I am friends with a family who just adopted 3 children from Ethiopia ~ I found your blog through theirs, and have enjoyed reading about your beautiful family.
<><
Beth

Noel said...

Looks like you all had a great day! So many wonderful memories, and great pictures. :) The squirrel monkeys are so cute.
Love ya'll
Noel

Grace* said...

Everyone looks like they are having so much fun! Thank you so much for sharing you day with us.
Love you all so much, Marigrace*

Jess said...

Oh, Renee, you have no idea how much joy you bring to my husband and I with stories like this-- we are delighting in this along with you. It is so neat to see the world through fresh, young eyes.

Thanks for sharing these sweet stories... I love reading them.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Can't believe your wearing t-shirts in Feb! Everyone looks so happy. Love and miss you all:)
Hopey:)

Deborah said...

Renee,
This is Thelma. Renee, I am visiting with Deborah today and we've been talking about your family. You have a wonderful family. You are a wonderful mother. I praise you for the mother that you are. I have been praying for you, Renee, and I will continue to pray for you. I know you love the Lord and He is with you every day as you teach your children the way of the Lord.

~ Angi :) said...

OH, that pic of you with Eben and Joel is just priceless! BEAUTIFUL!! :)

Joy said...

I love th pic of the Little Resister!
He is so SWEET! You all look so happy! Can't wait too see you!
Love Leah-Joy.

Heidi said...

Hi Renee!
Just wanted you to know that I check your blog often, hoping for pics JUST LIKE THESE! I applaud your photo takin' abilities. :~)
Heidi

Joyce said...

Ahh... the zoo in February!

My favorites are the giraffes, too!! :-)

Pam said...

Love these zoo pictures Renee!! What a fun and happy time. I love seeing your children love on each other.

Blessings,
Pam/Giggly C

Jenny said...

I used to love taking my kids to the zoo! Your's look like they were having a blast! Please remember Lacie in your prayers. I pray for God to protect her heart, mind and soul. Love those babies, they will be grown soon. Love and miss you guys!
Jenny