"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!~

Happy Valentine's Day!

We hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Thank you Mimi for the wonderful Valentine's and stickers! We opened them over lunch. They made our day very special. We love and miss you!

We had a quiet err o.k. not really quiet..but a lovely candlelight dinner for 13. It was an evening of love and much laughter. We couldn't ask for anything more.

We tried to include everyone's favorite dish.. Here is our 5 yo with his mashed potatoes. Oh, how he loves his mashed potatoes. He said they were almost as good as Aunt Deboo's..high praise :o) that made me smile.
Here is the "Buffet" and our sons explaining to their brother why it is fun to eat by candlelight. Apparently, the thrill is lost on children who have lived most of their lives without electricity. They thought it was so odd, but the spicy chicken wings and rice more than made up for our weirdness.
Thank you Jesus for your love , and the blessings you have showered upon us!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
We love you ALL!

10 comments:

Deborah said...

WOW! I wish I could have been there:) That was a lot of cooking! My admiration for you is heart warming and your hard work inspires me to be a more Christ like person in the way I love my family and others.
You are a wonderful wife and mother, and I am blessed to be your friend.

The picture from the stairs is a super great idea! All the pictures were wonderful...

My logging, eat lunch outside everyday dh can't figure out what is so great about candles OR picnics...smile.

mom2rebels said...

What fun! The meal looks yummy and the pics are great! Thanks for sharing.

Dawn said...

What a lot of love. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Grace* said...

Everything looks so good! We love you all so much Marigrace*


The pics were really cool!
Tell everyone that I said hello...I can not what to see Eben and Joel.... Will

Grateful for Grace said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the pics. Hey, that's a pretty good photo of all 11!

I was going to share our family tradition for Valentine's Day with you because I think you would like it, but... it takes a bit with 5 kiddos, so I can't imagine how long it would take with 11. Hmmm... you can check it out on my blog www.gratefulforgrace.blogspot.com
maybe you can adjust it.

Anyway, love seeing and hearing about your family.

in Christ,
GfG

Joy said...

Hey everyone! Seeing all the wonderful pics of everyone makes me miss you all even more! They are growing up SO fast! We can never get Daddy to eat by candle light either!
He says he wants to see what he is eating! I miss and love you all and hope to see you some time maybe this summer!
Love,
Leah-Joy.

Robin's Reports said...

How cool. Beautiful dinner. I love the expression on Eban (or is that Joel?)'s face while he is looking at the candle.

Love,
Auntie Robin

Noel said...

We all want to know where you got the quilt? It is so awesome! Everyone says hi and we miss you! :)

Jenna said...

What a Beautiful Family!

Pam said...

What beautiful pics Renee! That last one from the stairs is just precious.

Blessings,
Pam/Giggly C