"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mark 12:33~

Mark 12:33 To love him (God) with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Saturday Evening is get ready for church evening....

Tonight the girls asked me to roll their hair.

Eben and Joel were mesmerized by this process of adding curls to one's hair. They quickly jumped in to help.

They are so eager to try anything new, and they are so eager to be a blessing.. I love the Ghanaian way ..that is how they say it. "Please, let me be a blessing to you. " They frequently admonish each other "Please, do .... it blesses Mummy""

We ended up with a whole crew of hair stylists and a precious memory..


Our children teach me so much. May I be so willing to try something new, and may I seek to be a blessing to those around me.

9 comments:

5KidMom said...

I'm telling you, friend, I want to bring some of your blessings to my house!!! This is wonderful stuff!

Dawn said...

That is so sweet. I love what they say about wanting to bless you.

Mrs. L said...

Hmm . . . endearing, indeed.

I think we all need to learn this lovely Ghanaian way . . .

Brianna Heldt said...

what a sweet time! your new sons are so precious!

Robin's Reports said...

This is going to be my new catch phrase. "Let me be a blessing to you." I love the Ghanian way too.

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, I just love it.
I also love how God is doing little things to encourage me personally lately. We just started some re-focusing and retraining with our kiddos on the difference between obedience and honor (thanks to Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining and Bad Attitudes) and one of the aspects of honor is: to make someone feel special and to go above and beyond. Your boys seem to get it!

I will be having my kiddos read this post.

Too, too, sweet!

Glad things are going well.

blessings galore,
GfG

Joy said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!!!!!!!!
I love and miss you all so much!!
Leah-Joy.

Hope said...

They just melt you heart don't they? Give them all my love.
Hope:)

Paula said...

If only we ALL focused on trying to be a blessing to others, what a different world this would be!