"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, March 21, 2008

Matthew 20:28~

just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. Matthew 20:28

Well, this week surely did not go as I had planned. My plans included making Resurrection Rolls
with the children and doing Resurrection Lapbooks
with the children.

Instead... I nursed sick children and was nursed by Jim and and the children as the tummy flu marched on.

It occurred to me that watching my children serve one another by retrieving pillows and blankies, feeding ice chips, opening Gatorade bottles, and delivering Saltines to one another was watching Christ work in their lives and their hearts.

We are never more like Christ then when we put aside our own desires to serve one another. It is such a blessing to see our children live out their faith and follow in the steps of their Lord.

It never fails to awe me that Jesus left heaven to come to earth as a helpless babe and grew to serve and minister. He healed, loved, preached, wept with, encouraged, and loved. His life was not one of ease, but of sacrifice and service.

Ultimately He went to the cross for my sins, and today He sits at the right hand of the Father praying and advocating for me. What love..what an amazing love..

Today I can do nothing but praise Him..for His goodness, His love, His mercy, and His Amazing Grace!!


















TEXT

4 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you for that WONDERFUL reminder!!! Your littles ones and older ones are SO sweet!!!!!

Robin's Reports said...

He indeed is Worthy!! I can't wait to sing His praises at church tomorrow. I'm beyond excited to sing music that focuses on Him being risen and ALIVE!!

Love you all SO MUCH!! Happy Easter! Wish we could all be together tomorrow.

Hope said...

What sweethearts they all are! Please give them my love. Can't wait to see you,
Hope:)

Deborah said...

You have a beautiful family. You are such an awesome example to me.

I LOVE you!