"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Matthew 28:5-7~

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." Matthew 28:5-7~

"Gospel preachers nowadays preach the gospel of the Crucifixion, the Apostles preached the gospel of the Resurrection as well.The Crucifixion loses its meaning without the Resurrection. Without the Resurrection the death of Christ was only the heroic death of a noble martyr; with the Resurrection it is the atoning death the Son of God. It shows that death to
be of sufficient value to cover our sins, for it was the sacrifice of the Son of God." (Torrey, R. A. What The Bible Teaches (Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell Company, 1898-1993) p. 177)

My heart is so full this morning as we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus our Lord and Savior. I can't put into words all that is in my heart.. Nicole C. Mullen says it best...

I know my Redeemer, He lives
To take away my shame
And He lives forever I'll proclaim
That the payment for my sin
Was the precious life He gave
But now He's alive

And there's an empty grave.



Have a Blessed Resurrection Sunday!!!!

3 comments:

Noel said...

He Lives!

Love YOU ALL!
Noel

Joy said...

I don't know what to say either!!!!

Love and miss you!
Leah-Joy.

Robin's Reports said...

I'm linking to you Sweetie!! I love the Spanish start to Nicole's song.

Happy Risen Day to you!!