"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, March 17, 2008

Romans 8:15~

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

The tummy flu has invaded our home. Our Poor Sweet Pea is so sick tonight.

It has been heartbreaking watching her get sick time and again. There is a sweetness though in watching the love her sibling lavish upon her. The Wee Boy is so tender towards her as always. He rubs her hair and says "Baby's sad." She will give him a small smile. Only him. They love each other so.

Especially touching are Eben and Joel. They are so worried for her. Eben has spent the night trying to coax her to take a sip from a bottle while she lays with me. He treasures this baby sister dearly. God has truly used her to begin bring healing to a very specific heartbreak in his life. God is so good.

Family. What a blessing! What a gift all of our children are to our family. Every day I look at our children who came to us through adoption and think of the countless others who are waiting for a family. It is estimated that 143 million children are orphans. 143 million. 143 million little ones who simply want family. It breaks my heart and blows my mind. 143 million children who are just like my children and yours. They have hopes and dreams. They long to be touched and loved and desperately want someone to tell them that they are wanted. ..and longed for.

What would God have us to do?

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.



Thanks Shanda for posting this video







11 comments:

-J said...

Thank you for posting that very touching video.
I am praying for your sweet baby girl tonight. My youngest baby girl is just a few months younger than yours, and I just feel for your little one so.
I have read your blog for a long time now and always leave feeling so encouraged to be a doer of the word, not simply a hearer.
Thank you for sharing!

Noel said...

Thank you so much for this post.
Much love,
Noel

Janet said...

I love reading about the love of siblings. How sweet.

And that video! Dear me! Were you TRYING to make me cry? :-)

Robin's Reports said...

(((Sweet Pea))) You'll be in my prayers.

Secondly, it's ok to cry first thing in the morning, right? I hope so 'cuz I am. The numbers are just staggering and haunting.

Lots of love to you all... I'm so glad that Eban has a baby sister. Whoever said you shouldn't adopt out of birth order didn't know what they were talking about.

mom2rebels said...

Wow. I've watched so many of these videos, been reading tons, and yet it still brings me to tears everytime...the numbers are simply overwhelming.
Praying for your family to bounce back quickly from the sickies and especially for little sweet pea to feel MUCH better today!

Leah-Joy said...

Thank you for this post! Eben is so sweet and that video gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes!

Deborah said...

What an encouragement you are to me. To many...to everyone who sees you and your children. You are truly God's hands and feet. I will be praying for healing for Sweet Pea and Eben. Every time I talk with you or read your blog, I leave knowing and seeing that our God is so AWESOME.

I love you and miss you.
Debbie

Katie said...

Hi Renee, I've been "lurking," reading your blog since December. I can't even remember now how I found it.. It was a link off of someone else's that I must know that I clicked one day. In any case, I have been so greatly encouraged reading and following your blog. I am a young mother of 5 little children, my husband and I have considered international adoption since before we were married. In the last 2 years we have discussed it a number of times.

I have always thought we would adopt babies, since I wasn't sure what it would be like to adopt older children into our family. I didn't think I could handle whatever challenges it would mean facing. And yet as I have read your blog I've been so touched to see how your family has opened their arms to accept the children God has brought to you.

In my quiet time before the Lord the other day I was spending some time praying for the children we will someday adopt, and the Lord impressed on my heart that I can give birth to babies, but the children truly in need are siblings.

My husband and I discussed it and when we begin the adoption process will be open to adopting children within the ages of the bio. children we already have. I feel excited to know that God can do a great work within adopting into our family, even if we don't adopt a child from birth.

We didn't expect to be adopting any time soon, we need a bigger house (we currently live in a 3 bedroom), and a bigger vehicle (we fill every seat in our 7 passenger minivan!), and have not yet started saving towards adoption. I felt very strongly that we're to begin the process in this year.. but didn't say anything to my husband because of all of those factors. He doesn't often feel that he receives words from the Lord as strongly as he did the other day when he told me "We are to start researching and beginning the process to adopt and trust God for the finances along the way." I was shocked. And so I have been praying about where to begin.

Anyways, that was quite long :-) Just to say I felt it was high time to leave you a comment to thank you for the example you are to me although we have never met.

Foxy5 said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Adoption is very much on my heart and I'm finding it's weighing heavier and heavier every day.
Have you ever posted about your adoption story? How the process went and how you knew that this was what you were going to do? Did you always want a large family?

Thank you for posting this video.

Jenny said...

Eban and Sweet Pea are in my prayers tonight. The children in the video are so precious. How I wish I could bring them home to Texas Valley...Thank you for your witness. Love ya!
Jenny

sandwichinwi said...

Renee,

Your blog blesses me every time I read it. I'm coming in late with a comment to say that I was really moved by this day's post and I also linked in my blog to this video and to your blog as well.

My mom, whom I've been after (gently) for ages to sponsor a child through Holt (our agency) finally was inspired by my blog today to do so.

Your words and your efforts are far-reaching. Never doubt, God is using you in a myriad of ways!

God bless,
Sandwich in Wi
www.blessingssandwich.blogspot.com