"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Job 1:21~

the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. Job 1:21~

A part of being a Mama is being a comforter. I enjoy this role very much. It is very rewarding to be able with a kiss and a kind word to make your child's boo-boo's go away.

When Eben and Joel first came home they were baffled by the kiss the boo-boo routine, but they quickly warmed to it, and now readily come to me to help make their owies better.

As those of you who have adopted older children know there are many boo-boos of the heart you can't simply kiss and make all better.

One of the hardest things Eben and Joel have dealt with is that they have siblings who are still living in Ghana. They love their siblings very much. They love them and miss them every day. They have wonderful stories and memories of them.

We would have gladly adopted them with Eben and Joel (and even had our homestudy written to reflect that once we learned of them), but the extended family did not put them into orphanage care.

A few weeks ago we learned that the siblings were indeed coming into care... we hoped and prayed we could adopt them, so they could all be reunited and live as siblings once again.

Last Friday we were told that this would not happen as Ghana believes we have too many children already. Honestly, this news has been heartbreaking for us all.

Thank you so much for praying for the opportunity which was set before us. It was a blessing for Eben and Joel to see that we were ready and willing to love their siblings and welcome them into our family.

We don't understand the how and why over this, but we do know that God is good, and we praise Him. Jim and I can not make this all better for our boys, but God can bring healing.

Please pray for wounded hearts to heal, and pray that God would raise up a family that these precious children can go home to.

Thank you so much for your prayers. They have humbled and blessed us greatly.



27 comments:

Noel said...

Oh Aunt Renee,

I am so sorry.
Tears...
They were all that I could think of last night.

You are all in our prayers.
We love you all so very much.
Please give Eben and Joel a hug and kiss for me.

Bingaling said...

Praying for you, Renee...I know you all must be so heartbroken.

Thinking of you all...
Chanda

Jen said...

I'm so sorry. Praying for you all.

ManyBlessings said...

I'm so sorry.
d

Amalama said...

I am so sorry for your family, and the siblings. We'll be praying for you.

Amy F.

Paula said...

Renee, I am so sorry for all of you. Praying for your sweet family and especially for Eben & Joel. (((Hugs)))

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, drats! I'm sad for all of you and for the siblings. But I trust the LORD. May Eben and Joel see Him glorified in the long run in this and if not, may they trust anyway.

in Christ,
GfG

anya* said...

I am so sorry. As an adoptive parent to older children myself, I know how it hard it can be for siblings to be separated. My children miss their siblings deeply, too. Even though it must be so hard for Joel and Eben, knowing you and your husbands open and willing hearts to bring their siblings home must be some comfort.

Your blog is inspiring, thank you for sharing from your heart.

Jim & Laurel said...

Praying for you all.

One of Jacob's most difficult transitions, also, has been missing his older brothers. Last week he asked, "When I am 14, can I got to Africa?" (He is now 12.)

Heading your way and hoping to meet you in a couple of weeks.

Laurel :)

darci said...

oh, that is so so sad. i'm so sorry to hear that. can i still pray for a miracle? i will definitely pray for eben and joel, for each of you, that God will comfort as only He can. praying.

Q said...

Oh Dear Lady . . .

Yes, our sons have three older sisters in their native Poland. Another family I know just returned home, after having their case appealed by the prosecutor. They home educate and have 7 children - and the prosecutor thinks they can't handle a special needs (blind) child.

It is not always our place to know the "why", but I will be praying that you and yours find peace, quickly, in knowing that the Lord is sovereign over this, and He has a very special plan - for all of you involved.

sandwichinwi said...

Oh, Renee, I'm so sorry this wasn't to be. I will continue to pray for your family, esp. for Eben and Joel that they may see the hand of God in this.

I pray that these children WILL find a forever family and that it will be one which enables them to have frequent contact with their brothers and all may find healing.

I will also pray that this may still be a matter of God's timing and he might still have them in his plan for you.

Blessings,
Sandwich

Robin's Reports said...

((((Eben, Joel and all of you))))

Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss..... (that is me trying to kiss your boo-boo's away through the tears.

I am so sorry. Sometimes God's goodness is so hard to see. It's like taking bad medicine. We don't see the good it is doing and all we can taste is the bitterness. We have to trust in His wisdom.

Thank you for being such willing parents. You are my heroes here on earth.

Carletta said...

Oh Renee...

I am so sorry. I will be praying, sister.

Heather A. said...

Renee, I am so sorry to hear that your boys siblings won't be able to join your family. Mary has sibs left in Ghana too, and I can't imagine how heartbroken I would be if someone told me that I couldn't adopt them. I'm praying for you and your family, for broken hearts to heal. Heather A.

Deborah said...

We are all heartbroken for Eben and Joel and you and ...everyone. You have precious children. We are praying for God's will to be done and for peace for Eben.

We love you all dearly.

Joy said...

Ya'll will be in our prayers and thoughts.
It is hard to understand why things that make us sad are in God's will but as you said, we must continue to praise Him and trust Him!

thecurryseven said...

That just stinks! I'm so sorry you can't bring these boys home, too. I almost wrote, "add them to your family", but they already are part of your family. I will pray that whoever makes these decisions will see that and will allow you to make it official.

Bobbie said...

Still praying for this situation. God bless you all.

Irene Joy said...

I'm so sorry. If only sometimes we could see the big picture that God has painted for us so we could understand the hard things in life a little easier. I always read your blog and think you and your family are inspiering. May God heal the wounds of your young boys hearts.

Julie said...

(((((Renee))))) Oh Renee, this news just makes my heart cry so much! Your family is such a testimony of God's goodness and Jesus' love to ALL the world.--Julie (CADS Mom of SL)

MP2 said...

Boy, I don't understand that either. You have a delightful, lovely home and family and a beautiful heart. I'm so sorry.
-MP

Jennifer F. said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Your family (and your sons' siblings) will be in my prayers.

Pam said...

Renee, I'm so sorry. What a wonderful testimony of parental love, for Eben and Joel to see how much you wanted their siblings to be your children also. Praying for comfort just as each of you need.

Christine said...

Renee,
I'm so sorry for this news. I will continue to pray for God's will in this situation. We can only begin to imagine His plans in this. I wonder about many different God glorifying scenarios and will wait with expectancy. Love to you and all of your family,

Anne said...

Dear Renee,

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My heart is broken for you and your beautiful family.

lots of hugs from New Mexico,
Anne

Ericka said...

Renee,
I read this post and I couldn't help but think maybe someone close to you (church family??) might be able to adopt??
I don't know - sometimes people just have to be told of the opportunity????
I had put Beacon House in my church bulletin and how they were accepting Christian families to possibly adopt and now one family is in progress!!!!
Just a thought, a much wished for thought ;) for your boys (and family) :)
Hugs,
Ericka