"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, July 21, 2008

Philippians 3:20~

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ." ~ Phil. 3:20



We had so much fun preparing for Eben and Joel's homecoming. We picked out as many shirts with soccer balls as we could find. We bought toys we hoped they would like. We purchased the softest blankets we could find. We desperately want them to know that they were "Home" and home was a wonderful place to be.

One day as I was folding their clothes to put into their drawers I was reminded of the Scripture in John 14:2 which says, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

What a beautiful promise Jesus left us with. What an encouragement and what an inspiration for the hard times Jesus knew we would endure.

Jesus is so awesome that He is preparing a place for each one of His children. I did not know that Eben's favorite color is yellow and Joel's favorite color was green before they arrived home, but Jesus knew. I didn't know that Eben hates oatmeal and Joel hates watermelon, but Jesus knew. He knew, and He knows and He is preparing a place for each one of His Children.. a perfect place made by the Perfect One.

There are days and times that I especially long for heaven. When I read about Darfur.. I long for heaven. When I read about the food crisis in Ethiopia.. I long for heaven. When I heard the news of Steven Curtis Chapman's dear precious daughter... I longed for heaven.

The Bible tells us that this world is not our home and that we are only passing through. I can't wait to meet Jesus face to face and I can't wait to be in a place where there is no sin. A place where I will be free from sinning and where there is no evil being done. A place where there are no good-byes, no tears, no hunger, no disease, and no evil...

Evil. There is evil in this world. People we love dearly were victims of evil last night. Armed men attacked the orphanage where Eben and Joel lived. An innocent and incredibly brave woman ( A woman my boys call Auntie Esther) was brutally and repeatedly raped and others were traumatized.. including children. A horrific crime was committed against them. What kind of men would hurt defenseless women and orphaned children? Depraved men who need the Lord.

The Bible says in Deuteronomy 10: 18 That God executes justice for the orphan. I pray that these men will turn to Christ and seek forgiveness for what they have done.

Our fervent prayers are with the victims. Esther who was so brave and sacrificed herself to protect the children in her care. I pray for the sweet children who awoke during the attack and who prayed from the men to leave and for them to be forgiven for what they were doing. Oh to have a pure heart like that! I pray for families who are desperate to get their children home. I pray for the workers who lived through the horror. I pray for the program director Anita (Please visit her Blog and give her a word of encouragement as she travels this Sat. to minister to the children and Aunties) whose heart is for all of those at Eban House ..So many hearts broken and so many needs. Jesus is more than able to bring hope and healing to the Aunties, the children, and the families.

Today we are longing for heaven. We are grieving with our Eban House Family, and we are believing God will bring restoration and hope and blessed peace.

Please pray for healing for all involved. Pray that the valuable resources that were taken will be replaced.

AAI has set up a fund to help Auntie Esther and to help Eban House. If you feel led you can go to adoptionadvocates.org and click on "Donate Now" then click on Eban House or Esther to direct your proceeds.

10 comments:

Joy said...

I have never felt as helpless as I did last night when Mama told me about that. I wanted so bad to jump on a plane, help the ones over there and bring our little ones home!

It has been all I can think about this morning. They are and will be in my prayers!

Stacey said...

Lord come quickly...please!!!! My heart breaks for the Eban house family. Lord comfort all as only You can.

darci said...

we are praying.

Suzanne said...

What that poor woman must be going through I cannot begin to imagine. I am on my knees for her and the trauma the children endured. Why???

Jenny said...

Please know you and your family are in my prayers. I don't have the words to express what I am feeling.
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26&27.
Jenny

Melissa said...

I am in tears, praying for Esther and everyone else in th home.

Irene Joy said...

I am praying for the home and for Auntie Esther and all the others hurt during this horrible attack. May God bring restoration and healing and bring those men to repentance in Jesus name!

Pam said...

This is absolutely horrific, Renee. I cannot imagine the horror that Esther and the precious children must have been feeling. My heart cries out, "how long, Lord?". Brave, brave Esther and all those at Eban House will be in our prayers.

Grateful for Grace said...

Renee,
A new friend just gave me a copy of Stepping Heavenward. Wow, what a great book! I'm assuming it's where your blog title comes from, but my dh always reminds me what happens when I assume... so, *have* you read it?

GfG

Jennifer F. said...

I am so absolutely horrified to hear such terrible news. Everyone involved will be in my prayers. Truly, there is evil in this world.