"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

1Thessalonians 4:13~

Steven Curtis Chapman and his family were on GMA this morning speaking about their daughter Maria.






Praise Jesus for the hope we have in Him! Maria is whole.

And Praise God for an earthly Father who so reflects our Heavenly Father's love even in his hour of grief..... "Will Franklin your father loves you!"

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 1Thessaloniana 4:13~

Thanks Chris for catching my mix up! I love Philippians 4:13, it must be on my brain!

10 comments:

Grace* said...

There faith is so great~ Thank you for sharing this with us....tears...
Love and miss you all~

Hope said...

Thank you for posting that. I had often wondered how they were getting along. What great courage that must have taken.

Hope.

Anonymous said...

I have prayed especially for Will. KNowing the tender heart of big brothers, he is carrying a heavy load at the age of 17.

Jill

Chad and Sandy said...

Thanks for posting this....

Joy said...

I cannot imagine how Will feels but I know that if anything like that ever did happen to me, I know that my family would be there!

Their faith is so awesome!

Reagan said...

Thanks for posting this. I found you through Amy's humble musings link. That video was good to see.

Chris said...

Thanks for posting this!

(You might want to check that reference . . .it sounds a lot like 1 Thess 4:13! rather than Philippians, though Philippians 4:13 is great too)

Joyce said...

Thanks for posting the video as I wasn't able to see it.

Having buried our own children, it is so hard. I appreciate their sharing in public b/c of their status.

Beckie Sibley said...

Thank you ever so much for sharing this. I was moved to tears as I watched and then went to u-tube and watched Larry King's interview with the family. I cannot imagine the sorrow they have endured but rejoice in the strength and comfort they have found in Jesus. Thanks again Renee!

Gretchen said...

Thank you so much for posting that video. I couldn't watch the entire thing. I couldn't make it past "Will Franklin, your father loves you!" without tears. What a strong man to be able to pull through at his lowest and tell his son exactly what he need to hear at that moment. What a wonderful father. My heart goes out to the family.
~Gretchen