"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, August 08, 2008

Psalm 133:1~

Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1~



video

Here are our 7 eldest children practicing their Tae Kwon Doe together (You can hear the Peanut Gallery~ aka the younger 4 watching in the background)

I love watching them practice together and I love how they encourage one another.

Recently they participated in a fund raiser and they banded together in hopes of winning the grand prize (a Wii) to give to some people they love dearly. They truly were a force to be reckoned with! It was such a blessing to see them working so selflessly and so passionately for those they love.

It gives me a glimpse of the future God has planned for them. He has blessed our family with children with diverse strengths and weaknesses. It is my hope and prayer that He will use them all in a mighty way for His Glory.

Of course, there are moments of struggle and personality clashes. I remember when our oldest son was 3 and our daughter was 2 as we were leaving the library, our son looked at me in pure frustration and said, "Mama, she (little sister) is walking on my shadow." Oh, how I laughed at that. It was an early lesson in learning that as a family we must always be striving to live in harmony and to die to one's self. A lesson we need to learn as parents too.

I am so blessed to be the Mama to these awesome children. They bless me every day with their love for one another. I am so thankful for their gifts and talents and hearts.

10 comments:

Joy said...

They are doing so good! The peanut gallery sounds like they are enjoying themselves very much! Being a big family is so awesome and SUCH a BLESSING!!! I am so glad we are related!

Robin's Reports said...

So cool!!! Yeah, a video & blog!

Yes, they are a blessing-in-action for the rest of us to witness. They learned so much from their wonderful parents.

Love you all!!

Annette said...

Very cool. Dh wants so badly for our kids to start TKD. We are a violin family, however, and that takes up soooo much time and financial resources. Thanks for sharing.

Annette in MN

Deborah said...

It's so good to read your posts!!
Your children are so awesome, and you are an incredible Mama!
You encourage me with your selfless ways.

Nikki said...

They are good! Great video.

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog stylizing to raise money for my Ethiopia mission trip!

Rebeckah said...

I love your blog. You have a beautiful family and a very beautiful heart.

Dana Lewis said...

Renee,
Could you drop me a quick email at dana@tonyanddanalewis.com please.

Thanks! I seem to have lost your email addy!
Dana Lewis
www.tonyanddanalewis.com

Laurel said...

Missing your blog posts ... hope things are well with your family.


Laurel :)

Michelle Riggs said...

You have great kids. I love hearing about children helping others and serving God.

David Lee Waters Sr and Anita A Tarlton said...

Incredible!

GOD ordains the ordinary to do the extraordinary.

Found you through other blogs assocaited with Ghana / Eban House.

we visited there recently for the first time.

David & Anita.