"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, December 01, 2008

Matthew 6:20~

Has everyone already seen this? I have seen it on a number of Blogs and I love it.


It seems as though the retailers have already had all of their Christmas stuff out forever. Well, maybe because they have. It occurred to me last week that retailers hate Thanksgiving. They completely ignore it. I think it is because they don't want us to be thankful. Their job is to make us dissatisified with our lives. It is in their best interest to make us feel like we are missing something in our lives. Their message is that we need that new outfit to make us happy. We will be happy when we have this set of furniture. If we only had this iphone or laptop or car our lives will be complete, but that is truly a lie. It is a never ending pursuit which leaves us unhappy and financially strapped.



How precious it is to give a drink of water in Jesus' name...

Or to visit an orphan in their need..


For in God's economy it is always more blessed to give than receive..

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: Matthew 6:20~


9 comments:

Laurel said...

I've seen the video, but wanted to let you know that I've missed your writing, and hope you get to feeling better soon.

I also really like your new Christmas background, and the adorable new pictures.

Blessings to you and your family!!!

Laurel :)

Andrea said...

Love the new look Renee! (and looky there! It's my blog!)

Our Advent sermon series is called "I am Christmas". The lesson is that God called on Mary and Joseph to bring our savior into this world together. And they DID NOT QUESTION it - they acted in faith.

BE CHRISTMAS!
Jesus calls us to bring people TO HIM - we are to bring Jesus to the world...

Just as Mary and Joseph did and we are to not hesitate or feel inadequate. If the savior of the world can come through a 14 year old young woman and her fiancee - Why we would expect God to expect LESS from us?

darci said...

it is such a great video..i'm unfortunately too computer inept to get it on my blog> :) i've missed reading your writings, too..hope you are soon feeling better.
i think you're so right..retailers move right from halloween to christmas to valentines to the easter bunny..who can keep up?
have a good day! darci

darci said...

thank you thank you thank you! :)yippee!

~ Angi :) said...

Amen, Renee, Amen.

Deborah said...

The new look is sooo pretty! It matches your purse :)

I love you and am so excited about my next post!! I'm doing it soon.

I MISS you!

Debbie

Robin's Reports said...

Ooooh, I love the new colors & extra links. I hope you don't mind but I stole your blog about giving rather than receiving via Christmas and passed it on to a LOT of people. Did I tell you that my sisters and I are going to do something through Samaritan's Purse catalog? We were thinking about chicks but water is good too. Probably better. LOL

Congrats to you & Debbie's family. I wrote her there.

Love and Miss you. I'll be ready to blog again this week. I just got Jack back to work and starting schooling again.

I'm so sorry you weren't able to travel for Thanksgiving. I know how disappointed everybody must have been.

Robin

Grateful for Grace said...

First of all, I'm sooo excited for your cousin and for Eben and Joel!! Yea, God!!

Secondly, the video really struck my heart. Although I'm not doing the homemade thing yet, I am cutting back and we're giving. It's great for the kids to both sacrifice AND give. Much different than giving to something alone, ya' know?

Thirdly, I'm so touched my blog is on your list.

Lastly, as usual, I love seeing your family.

Grateful for Grace said...

Drats, I knew there was something else. I think you hit the nail on the head about Thanksgiving and retailers. They may not be conscious of it, but it's true. Great point!