"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, January 19, 2009

1 Timothy 2:1-2~


Our Little Guy here hardly has his eyes opened when he comes to me each day and says, "Mama, I have a dream...." He loves to tell me about the dream he had the night before. The way he phrases it I can't help but think of Martin Luther King Jr's famous "I have a dream.." speech.

I am so thankful that today as the first black President of the United States is sworn in my little boy won't have to dream of a place where a black man could be President. He is free to dream of dinosaurs and birthday parties and going to outer space. For our children having a black President is going to be normal. Amazing! How far we have come in America!

I do not agree with some of the politics of Barak Obama but I am thankful to live in a country where equality is available to all regardless of their heritage of their skin color.

I pray and will be praying for Barak Obama and his family . May he seek wisdom from God as he leads us these next 4 years.

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 1 Tomothy 2:1-2~

18 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE this post Renee. Truly beautiful (just like you!). I hope it is ok with you if I link to this post on my blog. Let me know if it isn't and I'll take it down. :)

Amy Fabu

Kimberly said...

Amen. What an awesome country we live in!
Thanks for the sweet comment, and your thoughts and prayers. I'm doing well. We find out whether it is a boy or girl in two weeks!
Cyber hug back to you! I've been thinking and praying for you as well!

Love,
Kim

Robin's Reports said...

Awwww..... I love how he shares his dream. Big M does that too.

We too are praying for our new President & his family. It is a historic day in America.

I'm sure your African boys are used to see black Presidents, right? Do they have presidents in Ghana and Ethiopia?

Oh, I'm tagging you for something fun.

Becky said...

Thanks for asking about Tuba and his VNS. How old is your cousin with the VNS? Is it used for seizures? We have had good sucess with it the last 5 years...so praying we go back to that.
Becky

Marian said...

What a sweet photo at the head of your page! (Maybe it's been up for a while, but I haven't been by lately.) I share your thoughts on all of this, and posted something kind of similar during the campaign season, actually... http://greenkneesocks.blogspot.com/2008/09/sisters-and-brothers.html

Mom said...

Renee ~
Today I was leading a group on race with patients and realized that to young people, a black President is not a big deal, as their lives have been integrated. To those of us who were children of the 60's, the birth of the civil right movement, it is amazing..we have come a long way from the violence and hatred of segregation..Dr King was prophetic when he said there could be a black president "in forty years"! Thank God my grandsons will grow up in an enlightened era!
Love n' miss y'all! Mom :~)

Sophie said...

Absolutely precious! And thanks for changing the color :) Sophie

Joy said...

You worded it very well! I gt to watch the inauguration yesterday and President Obama and Vice President Biden will be in my prayers also.

Love and miss you!

dkt said...

I just posted a great article by John Piper on this very subject. He has such a great perspective!!

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

Amen Sista! Just wanted to drop you a line and say hello and I am praying for you. Blessings to your precious family!

In His Timing & Care,
Eileen

Kim & Dave said...

Amen to your whole post, Renee!

Grateful for Grace said...

Renee- I know you're a busy woman, but we miss seeing you. So... please post before you have the baby because we know it'll be awhile again. ;-)

I hope you are doing well.

in Him,

Owlhaven said...

Hi Renee,

I'd love to send you a copy of my new book, to review if you have time, or just to read if you don't have time to write about it.

Send me your address if you are interested, and I hope your growing family is doing beautifully!

Hugs,

Mary, mom to 10

dkt said...

Just wanted to leave a note to say I miss you!! Hope you and that precious baby are hangin in there!! Blessings to you! Praying for you!

dianna

Jess said...

Renee,
I've had you on my mind; don't know what's happening these days-- just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and smiling and talking to Dad about you.

~Jess

Julie Sanchez said...

Renee,
I was wondering if you would be willing to contact me. I have a few questions for you.

mountainwestlandscaping@yahoo.com

Julie

Ulrike said...

Hello Renee, are you o.k.?
I check your blog everyday, and I'm wondering if everything is alright with you, your family and your new baby. Please continue blogging!
Ulrike

The Brothers said...

Long time, no see! Hoping you're just busy with gorgeous children!