"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, March 27, 2009

Jeremiah 33:3~


Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3~

Here is a picture of my wonderful cousin Deborah and her two children from Ghana. She was able to spend several days with them in Ghana in February and then she had to leave them and return home while she awaited approval from the US Embassy.

Happily she received word two weeks ago that their case had been approved and their Visas could be applied for (Praise the LORD!!!) but sadly Little Man's passport has gone missing at the Ghanaian passport office. I can't even imagine how frustrating this little glitch is for her when all she longs to do is bring them home. Please pray that Little Man's new passport would be issued ASAP so these babies can come home to their Mama and Daddy and siblings who so long for them.

I don't believe I have shared here how these children came to be adopted by my Cousin Deborah and her husband Travis. It truly is a testimony to the sovereignty of God !

Last June when we learned that Social Welfare in Ghana felt we had too many children to adopt Eben and Joel's brother and sister I was truly heartsick. Jim had called to share the news with me from work on Friday and for the next 24 hours I was just deeply saddened. I couldn't even pick up the phone to tell my Mom or my close friends or family. I knew if I did I would start to cry and I didn't think if I started crying that I would ever stop.

The next day was Saturday and Jim took the older children to the pool in the late afternoon while I played with the Wee Boy and Sweet Pea and their sand and water table. I was sitting on the patio watching them when the phone rang. It was my Cousin Deborah. As long as I live I will never forget the first words out of her mouth... "Renee, What's WRONG? The Lord has laid you on my heart so heavily today and the girls finally told me to call you. Is everything o.k.?" Oh how wonderful is our God that He cares so much! What a sweet Cousin I have to respond to the Lord's prompting so.

I told her our hard news and she quietly said, "Well, we'll just have to adopt them." This made me smile and I said "You may want to ask Travis about this first." She said, "No, I know he'll agree this is family, and this is what we'll do." (Which is exactly what he said!)

What is really so cool about this is Deborah and Travis had been preparing for this adoption without knowing it. They had put in an application with AAI six months prior and had been approved and had completed all of the preadoption training. They had thought they would adopt from Ethiopia, but then sensed the Lord telling them to wait. Little did they know the Lord was preparing them to adopt these two from Ghana! They couldn't have been more perfectly situated to start this adoption.

God has truly manifested Himself in each step of this process. We know this is all under His Feet and the last step will fall into place. He has done so many wondrous things and we give Him all the Praise and the Glory for all he has done!!!

14 comments:

Heather A. said...

What an amazing story! I didn't know the background, and now that I do, all I can say is "Wow, God is so great!" Thanks for sharing something so beautiful with us!

Deborah said...

Thanks so much for posting our story today. It has been an, "I have been really sad, don't know why, just wanna cry type of day."
I came by to see if you had posted about your awesome Mom, and was so surprised to see a post about the babies.

(((((((I love you so much.))))))))

Hope said...

Our God is amazing! I can't wait for them to come home and meet their awesome Aunt Renee :)

Hopey :)

Robin's Reports said...

The story is just as wonderful the 2nd time around. God is Almighty.

Janet said...

Are you kidding me? That is an AMAZING story. SO beautiful. Thank you for sharing it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I work with Jim, I know God has a very special place in his heart for these two amazing parents. Renee I am sure you are superwoman dressed in disguise. God blessed you both with a beautiful family, and I can see why. There is a whole lot of love going on here.

Pam said...

God is so awesome! I love the stories He writes, and the families He creates.

Laurel said...

I hadn't heard the whole story. That is so awesome. Deborah and I have become blogging friends, too ... and I so look forward to them bringing the kids home.

I know a lot of passports have gone missing, but several have been found this week. Praying for these also.

Blessings,

Laurel

Jess said...

Incredible!

I love this. Like Pam said, God makes up such cool stories. Stories that highlight who HE is and just how much He values each of His creations. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Jen said...

What a truly beautiful story. God is amazing. I am so glad this has worked out and am praying for that passport...

Jennine

KamPossible said...

God is so good! All things work to the good of those who love him!

darci said...

My entire body broke out in goosebumps! OUR GOD IS SO AWESOME! (yup, that was shouting:) What a joy to serve a Father who has it all worked out so perfectly. praying that that passport will come thru SOON!

Joy said...

Thank you so much Aunt renee! I can't wait for them to come and for us ALL to be together again! thank you so so much for calling Friday!

love and miss you!!

Kimmie said...

What a tremendous story...I just love God...and your cousin is fabulous in my book too.


Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted