"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Communication~

One of the things I like about homeschooling is that we get to sit down together at our mealtimes. I feel like it gives us time to talk and really communicate with each other.

I thought I would share a snippet from today's lunch time conversation~Keep in mind they are all all conversing with each other here. It is like the telephone game gone really wrong..

6 yo ds: Is Sleeping Beauty a bad word?

8 yo ds : "Sleeping Beauty" isn't bad word. Booty is a bad word but not "Beauty" .

10 yo ds: Bed? Did you say bed? Don't tell Sweet Pea she has to go to bed or she'll cry..Shh..

10 yo dd: We have to flip cards? What?

4 yo ds : Yippee! We are watching Sleeping Beauty today?

Hmm.. I wonder if we have any Future Communication Majors here. :o) Or maybe some future politicians..( a whole lot of talking going on but not much listening)

9 comments:

Blessed Mom of 8 said...

Sure sounds like you were sitting at my dining room table at lunch!

Praising God for your newest little miracle. He is beautiful!

I love the story about your cowboy!

You look great and I'm so thankful you are feeling better!

You inspire me and I cherish reading a kindred-spirit's blog!

Hugs and blessings!
Jill

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, funny! "Who's on first?"
Great stuff.

I also think you have one of the cutest cowboy EVER!

We just let the kids watch "Heidi" for the first time in a long time. The 6yo keeps calling it "Heinie", which makes everyone else giggle.

Kristen said...

That is fantastic! SO funny.

Janet said...

Tee hee. Sounds just like the conversations in my house! :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay THIS sounds like our table with extended family at Thanksgiving Dinner. We take video, and laugh about it every year, the way that there are 13 conversations going on at once! This post made me laugh OUT LOUD, which I desperately needed today! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

That was ME by the way (Humbled by His Grace)....Lisa. I couldn't quite get my google blogger thing to work. :)

Joy said...

It sounds like us!!! That it so cute and hilarious!!! Wish I could be there!!

Gretchen said...

I love it! That is true Abott & Costello comedy.

Have a wonderful day!

Robin's Reports said...

I'm so behind in blogs!!!
I love this. I have this same thing and I have only 2 dc. I just have to roll my eyes and smile and wonder if God is hearing all that.

Anyhow, LOVE the cowboy post.

And... Thank you for writing about strong-willed kids as being a good thing. I do think God places that strong will in a child for His purpose. (& for killing poisonous snakes)

Oh and I'm terrible about lotion. Need it but keep forgetting it.