"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, April 20, 2009

Isaiah 6:8~


Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8~

It never ceases to amaze me how the Lord can use people who are totally sold out to Him.

Many of you know the story of our Wee Boy. When he was brought to the orphanage in Ethiopia weighing in at a little less than 2 lbs nobody thought he would live. God had other plans and he arranged for three nurses from America to be there to care for him. They were so ingenious and resourceful in there care for him. A hoody became his incubator, the top of their sock became his hat, a ziplock bag with a warmed washcloth became his warmer. They loved him and cared for him around the clock and miraculously he lived.

One of those sweet nurses was the dear Sophie. Sophie has made 4 trips to Ethiopia to serve and minister to orphans and to care for the sick and needy in Soddo. She has personally cared for all three of our Ethiopian Sons. She has taught infection control to the nannies and hugged, loved, and brought joy to countless little ones in Ethiopia.

Next week our Wee Boy will be turning 4! Not a day goes by that I don't marvel at him and his love and strength. I am so thankful to God to be His mama and I am so thankful the Lord used Sophie in such a mighty way.

Sophie is now MOVING to Ethiopia as a missionary. I am so excited for her and for all of those whom I know she will bless. I know God is going to use her heart and her voice to tell of His matchless love and He will use her hands to bring love and healing to the sick and needy.

If you would like to take part in supporting Sophie's mission please visit Owlhaven to learn how you can help (The Baby Jon she writes about is our Wee Babe). You can visit Sophie's lovely Blog here..Most of all please pray for Sophie and all that God is going to do in Ethiopia.


6 comments:

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh, that's crazy that two people I follow in the blogosphere are connected like this and I didn't know! I consider you a friend and I read Owlhaven's blog every day. When I saw Sophie, I thought, "No way...." And sure enough.

How touching

I can't believe Wee Boy is almost 4!!! I'm praising God for what He has done in this little boy's life.

sandwichinwi said...

Exactly ditto what Grateful for Grace said!

Ditto.

Happy Birthday Wee Boy--I, too, remember when you were fighting for your life and what a miracle and testimony to God's power and grace you were!

And please do check out Owlhaven's blog and support Sophie.

Miracles, all of it.

Blessings,
Sandwich

Christine said...

What an awesome story!

Joy said...

HE is such a beautiful walking miracle!! I am so glad that I am his cousin and so thankful for all those that cared for him before I knew him!

Sophie will be in my prayers!

Ali said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog! What a beautiful blessed family!

We are almost halfway through with our first adoption. We are adopting through a domestic African American Infant program. We looked into adopting from Ethiopia, but all the agencies I talked to said they would terminate the adoption if I was to get pregnant (and there is a chance of that).

Blessings!

Ali
My God Given Mission FieldMission Field Designs

Larger Family Life said...

I too follow both blogs yet didn't know how you were connected. When I first read about Sophie I was debating on whether I was able to donate anything. When I realised you had the reward of Sophie's care and love in your family in your beautiful boy, I knew I had to. God bless you all.

Tania @ Larger Family Life