"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Matthew 6:25~



Our 5 yo slipped into our room early this morning. He was dressed as Batman and had something very important to tell me. "Mama, Mama, Mama.." he said repeatedly as he does when he is very excited to tell me something. "Feel this.." he said as he stroked the palm of his hand. "Mama, it feels just like Little Fella's skin. It's soft just like the Little Fella." He said in wonder.

Something about his eyes deeply touched me at that moment. I thought about how all of my children "Stop to smell the baby" if you will ;o) They literally can't walk past him without rubbing his baby soft hair and commenting to him about how cute he is.

The Wee Boy comes to me several times a day and tells me about a new nick name he has made up for the Little Fella.

Eben asks me worriedly why the baby breathes with his tummy (as tiny babies appear to do).

Joel bounces in grinning from ear to ear the share that "He smiled at ME!"

Once again my children are teaching me about what is really important. So often I go about my day distracted in my head. I feed the baby and wonder if the clothes made it from the washer to the dryer. I change the baby and think I need to remember to add something to the grocery list. I am not LIVING the moment for I am worried about too many things.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:25

Jesus understood our tendency towards this. The same thing people worried over 2,000 years ago are the same things which occupy our minds today.

It is easy for days to rush by and not invest in the relationships God has placed into our lives at this time. Jesus was all about the relationship. He chided Martha for being busy with stuff and praised Mary for investing in what mattered. Time with Him. Listening to Him. Loving Him. That is what he wants for each of us. He wants us to invest in our relationship with Him and with those whom he has placed in our hearts, lives, and homes right here and right now.

I am so thankful to be a Mama. I pray that I can stop each moment I am blessed with to really be there in the moment with my children. I pray I can live LIFE the way Jesus intended me too. I am thankful I have my children to inspire me and to continually teach me about Jesus.






11 comments:

danellejoy said...

Don't really "know" you all in Real Life, but I sure do love you! =) Thanks for being such a wonderful vessel of God's love!

Janet said...

Oh, what a beautiful post!!! And SO true!

Beckie Sibley said...

Luv, luv, LUV these pictures Renee. You are such a blessing to me.

God, My Savior Forever! said...

Wow! This is so true...I love the saying, "stop and smell the roses." This year has been a tough year but I've also learned that God never stops blessing me with moments to stop and simply live. While I typed a long paper the I looked out the window and noticed how green our grass is and how the wind moves the blades from side to side. I also noticed a pretty butterfly and thought...wow who says you have to go on a vacation to see beauty..it's right in our yard!!! We get so caught up with "life" with all the details when all God wants us to do is to be still and to worry about today! I am learning to do this during my storms and I'm finding great peace and joy! Thank God for children and thei innocense!

Hugs, Susan

mary grace said...

Oh, I needed this today. THank you so much for sharing God's perspective on children!

Laurel said...

Thanks for sharing. I always love to hear what the Lord is teaching you.

The little one looks like he is getting plenty of attention.

I think the Lord has ended the baby days at our house ... but I can't wait for grandbabies.


Laurel

Becky said...

I love this post and pics! I cherish all the love my kids have heaped onto the babies this year. It's so precious. They love every new thing the babes do. And...I relate so much to Martha...she's my patron saint. I strive to be Mary! Good reminder:)
Becky

Di said...

Hi Renee,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for finding the time to blog - each time I read, I feel so uplifted and my heart smiles. God bless you in this ministry!

Love Di x

Pam said...

Love this post Renee. The Lord is dealing with me on this same issue, as I tend to be focused right now on how to pay the next bill, etc. I need to stop and LIVE each moment with my precious family!!

Love you.

Kim & Dave said...

"I am so thankful to be a Mama. I pray that I can stop each moment I am blessed with to really be there in the moment with my children. I pray I can live LIFE the way Jesus intended me too. I am thankful I have my children to inspire me and to continually teach me about Jesus."

AMEN!!! I, too, have really been thinking on this the past few weeks or so! Your post was so encouraging! Thanks, Renee!

Kimmie said...

Hi Renee;

I bookmarked your site, well, I can't remember when. Your family is beautiful. I hope to get to know you better.

I pray that God continues to allow us to add on to our family too.

God bless you as you choose to live in the moment and serve as His hands and feet.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted