"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Monday, May 04, 2009

Star Wars Day~

May the 4th.. be with you :o)

(May the force be with you ;o) Hee, Hee


When my friend Jennifer shared this joke this a.m. I hoped this would bring a smile to these precious faces (Jim's too).

I grew up with my brothers watching and playing Star Wars. We have a few fans around here too as evidenced that we actually own Star Wars Christmas ornaments.... which are on the cake (Yes, we are nerdy..).

I wanted to bless these guys "just because". I was so happy I could bring them a little happiness on a Monday when the baby is fussy, the toddler has a fever, and we are all missing someone we love.


God blesses us so often with blessings just because He can. He blesses us out of His abundant love. I pray that I will always stop and notice and appreciate His blessings, although I so often don't.

I also pray that if I can bless someone in word or deed that I will. I fail at this too often.


I hope your May the 4th is full of blessings.

6 comments:

Christine said...

What a neat day. My kids would so enjoy a Star Wars Day.

Marian said...

My Star wars-obsessed son would love this! Rats! A whole year until the next May 4th =)

Becky said...

I am SO going to do this next year...or I could do it tomorrow and they wouldn't probably notice too much! May the 4th be with you...I know it already is!
Becky

Darell and Noel said...

Love and miss you guys bunches!
The cake looks great. Everyone looks so good. I hope Sweet Pea starts feeling better soon. Please tell everyone hello and I love them.
Take care. :)

mary grace said...

What a great idea!!! My boys, especially, will love this. Have you ever seen a 2 yo wield a lightsaber? Good stuff, I tell you!

Patty said...

This is such a fun idea! Love it! I also love the top picture with that adorable big smile! :)