"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Ephesians 3:20-21~

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21~


11. Yesterday was Eben's 11th birthday. What a joy our son is to us!
He has a sweet and serious nature. He is the first to comfort or help when someone is in need. He quietly observes all that is going on around him and he is always learning.



His brothers and sisters call him "The Professor" (after the Professor on Gilligan's Island) because he can fix anything and is always figuring out or creating things mechanically.

We are so proud of the young man our son is and we are so blessed that God has allowed us the privilege of parenting him.

He wanted a simple birthday celebration, so yesterday we had friends over for chicken club subs and decorate and create your own cupcakes. Eben loves meats and sweets :o)
All of the children had a great time eating and playing army dodge ball, soccer, Wii, and Apples to Apples. I did a really bad job at taking pics yesterday (I had an armful of the Little Fella and we were dodging rain drops) but the memories of our sweet boy and his quiet happiness will be with me all of my days.

This Scripture from Ephesians was one God had impressed on my heart strongly when Jim was over in Ghana and we were unsure of if he would get the boys' Visa's in time so they could come home. I can remember waking in the middle of the night and just crying out to the Lord and praying this Scripture over and over.

Last night I was once again awake and unable to sleep for the deep burden I have for 2 children who need to come home. My dear cousin has one more day (tomorrow Friday at end of business day- Ghana time-11 a.m. EST) for her sons' passport to be corrected so her children can at long last come home. She is scheduled to leave for Ghana Sunday but she can't leave if it is not done by tomorrow. She was supposed to travel over a month ago to bring her children home but this delay stopped her. We are praying that she will not have to delay again her children's homecoming. We know nothing is too hard for God and He can do and has done more than we can imagine. Please pray with us that hearts that need to be urged to act will act, so these beautiful children can be in their Mama and Daddy's arms where they belong.



I know one day this generation of children will sit around and tell their grandchildren of the wonder's that God did in our families.. and praise Him.

He is good! \o/

7 comments:

natali said...

Eben looks like such a happy kid! I've enjoyed following your blog for the last couple or so weeks. May GOD continue to bless you guys! :))

Paula said...

Renee, Praying for your cousin. I know how special these two children are to you and how they're even more special to our Heavenly Father who IS able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can imagine. Happy Birthday Eban!

Amy said...

Happy birthday to your gorgeous boy. How lovely, the way you describe him. Your cousin, and her precious children, have been in my heart and prayers too. Your cousin is such a picture of faith and grace. I have learned much from her as I've watched her traverse through this seemingly endless journey. Her complete faith in God's timing is awe-inspiring, but oh, how it feels like it MUST be time now!

You and your cousin share such a faith-filled love with the most open, giving hearts. Kinda wish I was in your family! ;)

Fabu

Heather A. said...

Happy birthday to Eban! We're praying with you for D's children to come home.

Shana said...

I read this a little late, but I'm still praying as I believe God hears even our retroactive prayers. :) Please keep us updated.

And happy birthday, Eben!

Kimberly said...

Happy birthday E! And happy day to his brothers and sister, mama and papa!

Praying for your cousin to hold her children in her arms!

Best,
Kimberly

Robin's Reports said...

Happy Belated Birthday Eben!! I wish we could have been there to eat meats & sweets with you! Looks like you had a great day.

Gee, I'm so far behind that I just realized N's b-day is today! Happy Birthday to him.

I'm praying more for your cousin. Love the pictures! (I can't believe Jim w/ be ONLY 40. He seems much older than that. LOL)