"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, July 24, 2009

Testing, testing...


1. New recipes to simplify mornings once we are back in full swing for school. These muffins were an "ehh"... I made homemade Hot Pockets and they were a bigger hit. I didn't take a picture though because the kids told me taking pics of food is weird. I think they just wanted to eat.




2. New "Centers" for the Littles school time . This little sand toy (which is on clearance at Target right now because as Ya'll probably know..... summer is over... according to the retail world eventhough we haven't even hit August yet) has been the biggest hit.

The older kids above are mixing colors with water and food coloring. This is definitely a center that will need a helper with the under 5 crowd but they liked it.


video

3. Our older kiddies had a big TKD pre-test last night (which they did great in so now they can go on to the Big test-woo-hoo!) and they have been practicing up a storm. I saw The Wee Boy and Sweet Pea doing their own version of TKD and thought it was too cute. You can see a little bit of what a character the Wee Boy is when he gets his groove on.

I Hope Y'all are having a Blessed Day!

10 comments:

Darell and Noel said...

They are too cute! The Wee Boy has definitely got his groove goin' on. :)

Love you guys and miss you,
Noel

Thankfulmom said...

My mind is also focused on the upcoming school year. I finally have my Rainbow Resource order ready to go. I'm a bit behind, but at least I am getting it done.

I would love to see the Hot Pockets recipe. I'm going to try making Breakfast Burritos that can be frozen. I think my big kids will like being able to grab one as they head out the door to the University.

Lisa

Becky said...

Hi-Ya! I love it...so cute with her little flip flops clicking on the floor.
Becky

Joy said...

Sounds like y'all's school year is getting off to a good start! The littlecenters look great and WB SP are too cute with their TKD!

And BTW, I don't think taking pictures of food is weird, it is one of my favorite things to do I think!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Adorable! It's not just your kids who think it's weird to take pictures of food. You should have seen some of the looks I got when I took a cake out to the garden to photograph it!

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Renee, this is my first visit to your blog.

I googled "spirtual attack adoption" and came across here.

We are selling our house so that we can move into a bigger house and then begin adoption, probably from Ethiopia.

In the ten days our house has been on the market, a faucet was left running upstairs and the ceiling caved in, red toothpaste was smeared all over the just cleaned carpet, my 2 year old has pulled the oven out of the wall, and the dishwasher has broken. Basically our house is being made unsellable.

I don't want to be melodramatic, but are we under attack??

darci said...

renee thanks so much for your comment and your prayers-it means more than i can say. i wish you could stop by with a hug and treat too..i'd take some of those yummy looking muffins! :)

Kimberly said...

Renee,
Your blog has put a ray of sunshine in my morning. First the good news from your cousin, then the so cute video of your happy children.
Thanks for lifting my spirits.

Love,
Kim

Lvly Rita said...

Just ran into your blog, love it. I'm going to look for hot pocket recipes and try them out on my 3 kids. Good idea.

I just started taking pictures of successful dinners, but snuck it so no one would tease me for it. Probably harder to do in your household?:)

Shonni said...

I am so encouraged by your post here. I need to start thinking about my new year and get prepared, but am behind this year!