"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Matthew 6:11~


And give us this day our daily bread..Matthew 6:11~

The Disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray and He showed them by giving them the Lord's Prayer. When we ask Jesus to give us each day our daily bread we are asking Him to meet our most basic needs. Like the Israelites in the desert we rely on Him to provide for us each day and each moment ... for without Him we have nothing. He promises to supply us with all of our needs and to do so abundantly. How wonderful! How comforting!

God is such a good and gracious Father. He not only gives to us for our needs but bestows gifts on us which bring us pleasure. The smell of a flower, the song of a bird, the sunset, the skin of a baby are all things which we enjoy for God created them for us to enjoy. He could have made our lives bland but instead to fill our world with wonder and awe and joy.

We have been so blessed as God has met our needs time and again and it never ceases to amaze me how He gives us things that are wants just because He can.

We were so blessed through the efforts of our friends and family to win a contest where the prize was 20 tickets to Disney's Night of Joy! It was such a wonderful time and a true blessing for our family. We heard wonderful Christian Artists and rode fun and thrilling rides at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We were also blessed to spend time at Mimi's House and a hotel! It was an amaZing gift. Our dear friends and my cousin and her husband and my Mom all came too!

We are giving a BIG Thank you to our Heavenly Father and all of you who blessed us with your votes so we could have this time together. It was amazing (Did I use that word enough?)!


Headed out for VACATION!!!!!!

The Tram Ride! The kids thought this was so cool. We could've just rode the parking lot all night and they would have been so happy!
Chris Tomlin!!!! His concert was just incredible. So many people worshipping the Lord. I can't even imagine how wonderful heaven will be. It was the highlight of the night for me.

My dear friend Melissa agreed to ride the Tower of Terror with me! I love her!
Going to see some Muppets in 3D!!
Some of our kids and our friends. My poor Cheeky Boy has this look on his face in each Disney pic! He had a BLAST and can't wait to go back. He talks about how fun it was!??!! Silly boy ~
This was THE favorite ride..the Toy Story Ride. You compete against others in a shooting game while you ride. These guys are in the ZONE and ready to win.

The Little Fella had fun. As long as he has me and my arm to suck on life is good :o)
We are so blessed :o)

7 comments:

natali said...

It looks like you guys had a great time and lots of fun! And by the way, you're family is SO beautiful!

Robin's Reports said...

What a way to give thanks back to God for such a blessing. You guys are wonderful and faithful servants. I'm so glad you won.

Grateful for Grace said...

Oh yea!! I didn't even know, though I certainly would have voted for you! I'm glad you all had fun. Little Fella and the arm thing really is funny.

alicia said...

I'm looking for a sling to use when we foster to adopt this coming month. What type of sling do you use and do you like it???

thanks,
Alicia

Leah-Joy said...

Ya'll all lok so happy!!! We were all very excited when we heard that ya'll had won! What a blesing!

Chrysanthemama said...

What a great vacation!

Renee said...

Hi Alicia!

It's a Hotsling from hotslings.com

I have had several different slings and these are my favorite.

Have a Blessed Day!