"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Saturday, September 26, 2009

She's got people...


The days follwing our vacation have been filled with fevers, aches, coughing, breathing treatments, and fever reducers. Poor Sweet Pea has been one of the sicker ones.

One night she was up in the middle of the night with a high fever and a hacking cough. I was laying with her and poor sweet girl was just crying from misery. This is how our conversation went..

Sweet Pea: " Wee Boy. I want my Wee Boy."

Me: "He's sleeping sweetie, you can't have him now."

Sweet Pea: "Big Kids. I want my Big Kids."

Me: " They're sleeping honey. You can't have them now."

Sweet Pea: " Guys (this would be the little boys). I want my Guys."

Me: "Oh honey, they're sleeping too!"

Poor girl would just sob the cry of the broken hearted. She wanted her people. She always uses "My" when she talks about her brothers and sisters . She loves them so much. They are her people.

That is the wonderful thing about family. Your family are your people. For every "He's touching me..", "I had it first!", "He took the last piece of candy!" moment there are 10 moments of racing down the street on your bikes, making pizzas together, watching movies and laughing until your sides hurt. These are the things that bonds family together. The good and the bad.

I am so thankful for my people. My parents, my brothers, my cousins who were there for all the good and the bad as I was growing up. We are all busy with our lives and scattered but one phone call or visit and we are as tight as ever. We are each other's people.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love it! That is so incredibly sweet! Selina does the same thing, especially when she is overtired...

Shonni said...

It is so true...family is precious!

Laurel said...

Love it!!!

My husband and I did not grow up with close family ties ... we didn't have "our people". We pray that our children will always know that we are "their people". Our kids have always known that their brothers and sisters are far more important than any friendship. Yes, they are each other's "people".

:) :) :)

Jenny said...

I am so happy to be "your people" and you to be "my people" :) Hugs and kisses.
Jenny

Jon (dh) said...

That is so sweet. I love "my people" too!...Rachel

Grateful for Grace said...

How true. How true.

I love my people too and am so glad my kiddos feel the same way.

Hugs to your people and prayers for healing!

Anonymous said...

Our 2 year old does the same thing. Took her overnight with just Mommy and she sobbed herself to sleep. "I miss all my big brothers and sisters. I miss my Daddy....And I miss my little brother, Micah!" (Micah is 7 and severely autistic. He and Elena are convinced she is older/bigger than him.)

Miss talking to you. I've tried you're email a few times and never heard back since you had Sweat Pea.

Johanna

Sophie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sophie said...

absolutely precious! Family is one of God's BEST blessings.
Another blessing is that for some odd reason, Ethiopia is no longer blocking blogspot blogs--which makes me very happy! I have a lot of catching up to do on yours :)