"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, October 09, 2009

Galatians 5:13~







Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts.  Our Little Guy did wonderfully through his surgery.  He had a long morning /afternoon and was so very brave.  He wants everyone to know..." He never even cried once." (A direct quote).  He is feeling pretty "ouchy" and is getting a lot of rest.



 We had our Friday Night Pizza night tonight as is our usual tradition.  Each Friday Night we make six homemade pizzas.   The older children all pitch in and it is great fun.  Tonight Sweet Pea wanted a turn to make some pizza.  We had had a a full school day (and with a trip to the hospital) I was busy playing catch up with laundry and tidying.  I really did not want to make more dough and suggested she play play-doh instead.  The older children quickly offered some of their dough and she happily made a pizza and for her Wee Boy.

My children teach me so much with their generous hearts.  It blessed me so much to see them want to include their sister and in turn how she she wanted to bless her brother.

It's so easy for me to forget that the laundry will always be there.  Even before we had children there was always some laundry to do and always some housekeeping to be done.  When all of our children are grown there will still be laundry beckoning me.  However, I only have a few precious years to live and laugh and love my children.    I am so thankful the Lord used my little ones to prompt me to stop and enjoy them this evening.  I could have easily missed these moments..



Sweet Pea showing Wee Boy her pizza surprise!

 
His heartfelt reaction..

 
For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. Galatians 5:13~

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update on the little Cowboy. Tell him I am impressed that he did not cry even once. He is very brave.

I always love seeing photos of Sweet Pea and Wee Guy together. Their bond is so visible!

Kristin Jag said...

Glad to hear that your little guy did well with the surgery and that you were able to stop and smell the roses with you kids tonight-I REALLY need to work on that. Blessings on your weekend!

Leah-Joy said...

I am glad that Cowboy is doing good! What Sweet Pea did is so sweet! They are so close!

Shonni said...

That is so sweet and so true about the house work!
We have a little one that needs that surgery also! We have been putting it off...

darci said...

so glad your little one came thru the surgery well! what a brave little man. :) and what a precious few pics at the end of your post-captured their sweet hearts.

Delena said...

How very sweet. You're doing a great job with those generous and thoughtful kids.

darci said...

h irenee, i have gone private on my blog. :) if you'd like to read could you please email me your email address so i can add you? thanks! darci
mhovdestad at hotmail dot com

Annie said...

Just clicked over from a comment you left on Kellys Korner's blog... I saw the "#12 child" and HAD to be nosey and come see who had 12 kids! Ha... What a beautiful family you have!
Go Gators!!! :)
Annie

Amy said...

You just have the coolest family! Beautiful kids, beautiful parents- inside and out. So wish we lived next door to each other!

Kim & Dave said...

Perfect post, as usual, Renee! Such a good reminder!

Kathy C. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a beautiful family. That's an awesome header photo. I pray daily that my twins are able to join us soon from Haiti--well over two years waiting now.

Jenny said...

So cool to find your blog. I have 9 children, 3 from Liberia and am looking towards Ethiopia now. I haven't seen another family that has adopted from 2 African countries before. People are going to think we are crazy, but....We also homeschool.
Nice to "meet" you.
Jenny at www.ourplansmultiplied.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Glad to hear your son is doing so well! A belly button is a big thing to get!!! And so very common in Africa to miss getting them!!

livingpurereligion said...

Hello! I would like to email you, but cannot find your email address. I have some recent pictures of your boys' birthmom (and their 2 year old brother) that I'd like to send you. You can email me at ckboone@hotmail.com.

Thank you!

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Brave boy and such a sweet girl.

Grateful for Grace said...

Renee,
I hope all is well with you and yours. Just wanted to say hi. ;-)