"We are all handmade people created by a God who is not safe or small." Rend Collective Experiment

Friday, November 13, 2009

Belly Button, y'all, uh, uh~


 Someone asked how our Little Cowboy recuperated from his umbilical hernia surgery.   He did so well pain wise (even though he was in considerable pain).  He never complained once and I think he shed one tear and that was all.  He wasn't happy about not being allowed to ride his bike for two weeks post-op but he dealt with that well too.   Guess when he cried..

When the bandages finally came off and he saw his "new belly button".  Oh the Poor Little Cowboy.  He was so upset.  Great big tears and sobs wracked his little body.   He didn't like the look of the new belly button and asked for his old one back.  We tried to explain all of the medical reasons why the surgery was necessary for his health but he was not happy.

I am happy to say now that he has made peace with his new belly :o)  It is very cute.  Sometimes change is just hard when you are a 5 year old boy. 



8 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Poor sweetheart. How hard it must be to adapt to his new look. Tell him that Auntie Robin wishes she was there to give him a hug and I'm sure he has a most beautiful new bellybutton.

Love you guys!

Becky said...

Darn it if he isn't the cutest thing ever! You'll have to get him the Boyton book Belly Button Beach. Too cute. My kids all call their belly button a bee-bo:)

Suzanne said...

Oh my that is a cute story:-) I am glad he is all healed.

Leah-Joy said...

He looks great in your specks! I am glad that he is doing good and getting along with his new little self! Love, miss and can't wait to see you guys!!

Janet said...

AAAWWWWW!!!! That is the sweetest thing ever! What a cutie pie!

abby said...

LOL! is your post title from Veggie Tales? Because now I have the Belly Button Song stuck in my head!

Acceptance with Joy said...

Aw~!!!!!! Too cute. I"m glad he made peace with his belly button.

Grateful for Grace said...

I've had a few good cries about what my belly looks like too. But Wee Boy is ahead of me by accepting his. ;-)